GDT: Game 3: Hurricanes @ Islanders, 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Yeah the real only head scratching move the Borq has made was not bringing back Nino. He left and didn't sign for a whole lotto money
Yep. Nino was the easy keep that still pisses me off. Why? We f***ed around with that loser Bear. that 2.5 mil or whatever QO he wasn't worth then arbitrated and tied us up with could have been used to keep Nino. f***ing Ethan Bear. What a waste of space and time that was. Should have told him to f*** off and kept Nino. We got nothing for him in the end and had to retain.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
They're just pissed that their friends and family have moved to Brunswick County, Wake County and Charlotte counties and left them behind.

yes plus often cash flow is positive despite showing P&L losses. But with gambling around the corner and valuations skyrocketing still a good time to buy a franchise.
They're new yorkers. I had a lot of respect for them until this series.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I never said we don’t win long series, just that the longer the series goes on, the better the odds the Islanders have to take the series. Which is just factually true. Because in order for the series to go longer, the Islanders would have to win tomorrow, and if they win tomorrow, their odds of winning the series have obviously improved.
Sowhat you said was the most blatantly obvious thing in the history of everything since the only way the Islanders could win the series is if it went at least 6 games?

Reactions: geehaad

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Capitals, like the Pens, wont rebuild as long as their generational talent is still skating

Well, I guess that is good news for us. Let them flail around in the bottom of the Metro for a few years.

Yep. Nino was the easy keep that still pisses me off. Why? We f***ed around with that loser Bear. that 2.5 mil or whatever QO he wasn't worth then arbitrated and tied us up with could have been used to keep Nino. f***ing Ethan Bear. What a waste of space and time that was. Should have told him to f*** off and kept Nino. We got nothing for him in the end and had to retain.
The whole Bear thing was an utter disgrace.

Reactions: Nikishin Go Boom

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Assuming you mean the lack of adjustment when you refer to "that statement", I'd say it's very true.

In many of the series we've played in Rod's time as coach, we've had opportunities to adjust, to finish games or series by adjusting, and have failed to do so. It's no secret that the Canes have been...just godawful...on the road in the playoffs. We're on a 7(?)-game road losing streak, and we're 5-15 on the road since Rod took over.

We have a gameplan and matchups and when we can control those factors, we find success. When we don't control those factors, we fail, because we don't adjust to not having control of them.

Yeah, totally agree. Clearly Rod's system and the matchups are key to narrowly eking out victories in the post season. Without it, they are just overmatched by the other team. I'm not sure adjustments would help, quite frankly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad