GDT: Game 3: Hurricanes @ Islanders, 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Go win a f***ing road playoff game.
rod smiling meme.JPG

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Raanta wasn't good last game, but you can't complain about his win/loss record this year. I'd rather go to Kochetkov before Andersen TBH. Though he has had lower lows than Andersen he has shown the capability to steal games, unlike Andersen who has basically let in at least one softy every game this season, and hasn't had a single shutout.
Raanta looked gassed. Definitely nervous about going right back to him again. I could honestly see the reasoning for starting any of the three goalies tonight and just crossing all our fingers and toes.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Imagine in the global economy of 2023 thinking someone can't possibly understand a sport as well as someone else because of where they live within the same country. Dude, you have bananas and pineapples ready to go for you in your grocery store in upstate NY. I get the same ESPN+ access and NHL.com access as you do. Lmao.
They must have a lot of people without internet access. They're SUCH a rural state outside of NYC.

We should forgive them for thinking we aren't connected to the world. They assume everyone else is a country bumpkin like them. When you don't have much else in such a *checks notes* "hellhole," hockey is about all you have going for you.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Win tonight and it's an easy series. Lose and things could get hairy. Play this one like it's an elimination game.
It probably is for (Insert playername) until we show them we're willing to take a guy out too. They suceeded in breaking Turbo and tried to injure staal.

Raanta will likely be next, or another swing at Staal, Aho or Necas. Maybe we can be down all of our top six instead of 3 of them by the end of the series

Reactions: Ginger Papa

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
As a fan of a team who gets the same "they don't know shit about hockey down there" tripe, I approve of this plan.

They are also still whining about officiating in their GDT
Word to the wise: Please don't go into opposing GDTs during the playoffs. It's very easy to forget what thread you're in and even just liking a post can be regarded as trolling. Mods have been asked to have zero tolerance on opposing fans trolling GDTs, so it's a good way to get yourself in timeout.

Just let the insecure numbnuts whine to each other in their safe space.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Did we not recall rees to clean somones f***ing clock?

Or are we still scared?

I asked this in another thread but why do we think Rees is going to be a physical presence for us?

Listed at 5'11" and 172lbs; even if he's willing to play aggressively just sounds like another Jarvis to me.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
What "we" are you talking about here, exactly?

The notion that any of these guys are "scared" is f***ing ludicrous.
Well, I mean we just let them manhandle us with basically no response. Maybe after Raanta or another gets injured? You can only let them handle you so much before targeting one of their guys like theyve been doing us.

We can't make them pay with the pp so..... What then?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Well, I mean we just let them manhandle us with basically no response. Maybe after Raanta or another gets injured? You can only let them handle you so much before targeting one of their guys like theyve been doing us.

We can't make them pay with the pp so..... What then?
If your strategy for beating a less talented team is to goon it up better than they can goon it up, then you're giving away what little advantage you have, and you deserve to get beat.

The Hurricanes strategy is what it has been for years. Hound the puck. Give the other team zero space. Get it deep, retrieve the puck, death cycle, get shots. They are, by far, the best at this strategy in the league.

Courage is sticking to your game when the other guy wants to knock your head off, because that's your best chance to win. Especially when you lose your best scorers.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Word to the wise: Please don't go into opposing GDTs during the playoffs. It's very easy to forget what thread you're in and even just liking a post can be regarded as trolling. Mods have been asked to have zero tolerance on opposing fans trolling GDTs, so it's a good way to get yourself in timeout.

Just let the insecure numbnuts whine to each other in their safe space.
Give me a neutral setting. AND I WILL WIN ANY BATTLE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad