GDT: Game 3 - Brothers vs Brothers. Brindy vs Ron. Tripp vs John - Canes vs Seattle

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'll admit, I loved being the "underdog" game in and game out. There was something almost akin to catharsis when we won or even started to climb the standings, ultimately ending up 9th or 10th.....a couple of spots out of the playoffs.
For me, the only good thing about those days were being able to get a ticket to games for $10-$15

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
For me, the only good thing about those days were being able to get a ticket to games for $10-$15
For real. I was much more annoyed getting my ticket for the opener this year. It's like when the Capitals were the bees knees and we'd have to pay a fortune to go up this way. But times, they are a changin. As for the winning, I'll happily take that over the struggles.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Ftfy.

The league doesn't really want to see young star players being targeted with hits to the head. There's a reason why shit like these hits and the Trouba chicken wings have made their way back in more frequently since Shanahan left the position.

I mean FFS, Kuznetsov only got one game for literally doing a deliberate two-handed swing to the face of a player then shoving him while they're down. He had to go after the Wilson incident in New York two years ago, now it's just to the point of parody

I'm not in favor of head hunting. I would like our FO to adapt to gain a competitive advantage knowing this information and how physicality is treated today.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If Daddy only gets to have a beer every two hours, you only get to have a present every two hours. Now play with your Beach House Barbie 'fore I tan yer hide.

Barbie had a house? I thought she lived in a van down by the river.

It wasn't too long ago that by the time we had completed the state fair road trip, our season was already over. I admit this is year five of successful hockey and there is still a tiny part of me, that gets smaller each year, is like when is the rug going to be pulled out from under us. But it's not. We are a legitimately great team and we have the opportunity to be good for a really long while. So that apprehensive part of me, STFU and enjoy.

Yeah, the feeling makes sense...especially with the amount of roster turnover we've been having each season. Entering this year with a ppg winger on IR makes you wonder how the team will look. Years ago that would mean bubble out.

Reactions: Tryamw

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
It’s an adjustment the fan base has to make and an adjustment I’ve had to make as a fan. When you’re not actually concerned about making the playoffs, and the name of the game isn’t just eking out enough wins to sneak into a wildcard spot, the regular season stops being about “did we win?” and starts being about “how did we play?” “Did we win?” helps to answer the question of whether we will make the playoffs (which almost everyone agrees we will). “How did we play?” helps to answer the question of how far we will go in said playoffs and beyond. “How did Jarvis play?” answers the question of whether we have a future top line winger for the next 8-10 years. “How did Chatfield play?” helps answer whether our bottom pair can handle tough playoff minutes, etc. Each game stops being about the final score and starts becoming a little window into how well the front office is doing at build a perennial contender. It’s still fun to win games, don’t get me wrong, but this other thing where we are assessing how good we really are instead of praying we “fake” our way to the playoffs is way more fun.

probably how wealthy people with lots of money to invest/toy around with feel like compared to people just trying to make ends meat.

"The first million is the hardest"

"I've worked for everything I got" ..."After my old man gave me 3 million to start a business"...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille