Hartman • Anisimov • Kane
Sharp • Kero • DeBrincat
Bouma • Wingels • Hayden

Keith • Seabrook
Kempny • Murphy
Forsling • Rutta

Forsberg
Crawford​

That defence looks verrry exploitable, especially with Forsberg in net. Great top pairing obviously, but I take our 3-6 over theirs any day.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Why, is Forsberg bad? His numbers in the AHL look pretty decent. I am always wary of a young goalie coming in trying to prove something. Still....light em up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Babs is right and this is a good early test for us.
We have to get our D + team D up to the next level. Once we do that and reduce our yearly GA we are golden.

Well it's kind of a given that they defend better than us, most of that core has been playing together for nearly a decade.

The Leafs are in Year 2 of their core playing together.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I thought Leafs would see less backup goalies this year, but it appears that Hawks are saving their best for Montreal.

Does that reflect on the Leafs that they still believe that Montreal is the better team, or are they actually protecting their #1G for a game they believe they might lose and better get the 2 points against Montreal.

Crawford has a phenomenal record against the Habs.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Their line-up is definitely dangerous.

With home ice, I think Babcock will match Kadri against the Toews line and take his chances with Kane against Bozak, which might be a huge problem for the Leafs.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Well it's kind of a given that they defend better than us, most of that core has been playing together for nearly a decade.

The Leafs are in Year 2 of their core playing together.
Yes but they did go through another yearly transition.
Out Hjamarlsson,TVR,Campbell plus some forwards (like Hossa,Kruger). To rotate players and still remain tops is a solid feat. While we argue what to do with pending UFAs, Chicago has the pipeline flowing. Through backfill/trades. Situations we could very well face while trying to get to that sustained level/dependability.

Reactions: carko32

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

With home ice, I think Babcock will match Kadri against the Toews line and take his chances with Kane against Bozak, which might be a huge problem for the Leafs.
Pretty sure they went Kadri v. Kane and Toews v. Matthews most of last year, so I'll be surprised if Bozak gets either of the matchups.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Either way Carrick won’t be out. It’s a rotation that will continue to rotate until around the 10 game mark for full evaluation.

I'd agree I don't want any of them to sit for too long, but I'd wonder if 10 games is too long to figure it out.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario

So Matthews would be playing Sharp, Kiro and Debrincat in this scenario? Sign me up.

Reactions: Marshy

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not convinced Chicago is all that. Panik and Hartman are question marks in the top 6, and their entire bottom-6 save for Wingels looks like question marks to me. Seabrook has lost a step (2 games doesn't convince me he's recovered), and Murphy is not nearly as good as Hjalmarrson.

All the people raving about Chicago right now are going to get humbled 20-30 games into the season when they don't look so amazing anymore.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Pretty sure they went Kadri v. Kane and Toews v. Matthews most of last year, so I'll be surprised if Bozak gets either of the matchups.

The line of Toews, Saad & Panik scares me the most.

Kane is definitely the most talented on that team, but Anisimov/Hartman aren't like the other line.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I think it is entirely possible we trade Carrick along with Curtis before Wednesday. Something has to happen. We cannot carry 3 goalies in the AHL for very long, or else what was the point in getting Pickard. I know there are those who say depth, ok fine but they need to play. With goalies especially, the more they dont play the more rust they get. I really see Pickard up sooner than later with the big boys.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What? I'll gladly take the back up.

There are three reasons to choose Forsberg over Crawford for this game:

1) Leafs have destroyed each team's #1 goalie and gotten to their backup as well.
2) Montreal has 3 goals in 3 game (and only one of the is on ES, LOL) so either goalie would work against them
3) Crawford is from Montreal

Crawford also owns Montreal.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ideally I would like to see Kadri's line going against Toews line, Matthews line against Kane and company and Bozak's line against Kero and his linemates

These are going to be fun match ups and I believe with our depth we can handle both Toews and Kane's line adequately

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Ideally I would like to see Kadri's line going against Toews line, Matthews line against Kane and company and Bozak's line against Kero and his linemates

These are going to be fun match ups and I believe with our depth we can handle both Toews and Kane's line adequately

Why would you want Matthews line against Kane's? I would prefer Matthews head to head with Toews. Kadri against Kane to shut him down.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
I don't know what the plan is with Leivo.

We're keeping him around but don't play him so his value isn't much at all if we trade him. What's the point? Leivo is an NHL player more so than Martin.

People are going to say that we just scored 15 goals, we don't need Leivo in the lineup. To that I say, Martin hasn't done anything in the 2 games he's played so the # of goals we have scored is irrelevant.

You can never have too many talented players.
Yes, you can never have too many talented players. The problem with Leivo is that outside of his shot and the size that he is reluctant to use, he is really not that talented. He is an adequate skater for his size but will never be confused with a good skater. He is not good defensively and misses too many assignments. He is JVR without the offensive skills and skating abilities but with the same commitment to defense. The fact that he was protected over Leipzig should not confuse anyone that he is anything above replacement level. leaf fans tend to obsess over 7th Dmen and 13th forward types. Sounds like back-up quarterback syndrome to me. I am pretty sure Lou would move Leivo if anyone came up with an offer above and beyond an equal replacement level player. I am sure that Babs is making the correct decision playing a proven veteran like Martin over playing Leivo. Babs is interested in winning hockey games rather than playing fan favourites.

Reactions: al secord

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Why would you want Matthews line against Kane's? I would prefer Matthews head to head with Toews. Kadri against Kane to shut him down.

It doesn't matter to me but I would not match the line of Bozak against any of these 2 lines

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

Yes I’d prefer those matchups. I don’t like the idea of Bozak and JVR facing either of Chicago’s top two lines.

This isn’t going to be an easy one. We were able to outgun Winnipeg and NYR but we’re still exposed defensively in both games. Chicago is a better team at either end of the rink than those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad