GDT: GAME #3: BLACKHAWKS @ LEAFS | MON 9-OCT @ 7PM | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
yep you are right there. Id still rather take the chance on korshkov panning out than yet another small scoring forward. ALso Grundstrom too, i prefer the 2 picks we made may not work but both offer something different. the way you wrote it i thought you were complaining we didnt take debrincat, which we see alot of with konecny too my bad

Again, I never suggested the Leafs should have picked him up. I am just praising Chicago. There are 24+ other teams passed on him for his size. Chicago picks him, now he's playing Sharp

Stop taking things out of context

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We've missed that a bit this season compared to last season though. Hasn't been as consistent in that department as he was last year.

True, but the season is only 2 games old and the 1st 2 games he hasn't needed to be. I have no concerns that as the games roll on, he'll be even more dominant on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I like Matthews as soon as this season tbh. His defensive game is on another level and he might be quite close offensively

the thing with kane is he is a 1 dimensional forward who somehow has avoided being branded that, he is phil kessel but with alot more success earlier in his career which allowed him to not be called out for it

edit: also scores more too

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Bozak line lol.

Well done Pouly.
I don't want to rag on Bozak, it's been done to death and the guy gives us what he's capable of but I still maintain Marner needs that defensively dogging type center (like a J. Stall, Couturier, Dubinsky).
Matthews
Kadri
Solid defensive center
4th PKing center

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
if babcock does that while allowing marner to float around for the past 2 games, he should be called out for it. Also Nylander has done nothing wrong tonight, not great just like all forwards but he is making an effort

so marner brownie swap :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
HFboards challenge: can we go one page without blaming JVR and Bozak for every goal against and world hunger?

It's a double edged sword. If they don't take the blame, the fingers aim at Marner.

Goal #2 saw Kadri fleeing the zone really early only to have it end up in our net. Any takers on that bit of blame?

Or shall we just not pick scapegoats and get behind the whole team and trust our coaches and managers to ice the best possible team?

Reactions: Alerion

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Also why the f*** is Matt Martin in the lineup today. Chicago is a skilled team that rarely commits cheap shots. Could of been nice to have Leivo instead of that plug tonight.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
The mistake there was made by Hyman at the blueline. You can't turn the puck over with your team transitioning and plenty of outlet options.

It was a nothing play that happens a dozen times a game... Winger should have chipped it, but D-man stepped in to prevent it. Hyman didn't turn it over, but he missed the chip out.

What was worse on that play was how quick Nylander was to push up the ice when the puck didn't leave our zone yet.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Credit to the Hawks because they are forcing these errors everyone wants to blame players for. That's total team D. Something we haven't come up against at the "contender" level.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Poulin picking the Bozak line...no wonder the Burke era failed so miserably

Come on man stop being biased and listen to the question,,,,,,
Last year the Bozak line scored 49 goals even strength. Matthews, Nylander and Hyman scored 51 goals even strength. That's such a huge difference right :shakehead

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Also why the **** is Matt Martin in the lineup today. Chicago is a skilled team that rarely commits cheap shots. Could of been nice to have Leivo instead of that plug tonight.

Matt Martin isn't the reason why we are losing or if have lost any game that I can think of.
He created 2 turn over, took out Futta and Saad

Leivo isn't the answer. Our D needs to stop Fing around

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I had such high hopes from marner......oh wellll..... Marner is not going to learn defense from jvr/bozak - thats for sure

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It was a nothing play that happens a dozen times a game... Winger should have chipped it, but D-man stepped in to prevent it. Hyman didn't turn it over, but he missed the chip out.

What was worse on that play was how quick Nylander was to push up the ice when the puck didn't leave our zone yet.

that seems to be a game plan, every line one winger blows the zone fast on breakouts. Usually it hyman on the matthews line i guess to emsure he in there quicker to battle

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Also why the **** is Matt Martin in the lineup today. Chicago is a skilled team that rarely commits cheap shots. Could of been nice to have Leivo instead of that plug tonight.
4th lines been the 2nd best today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad