GDT: GAME #3: BLACKHAWKS @ LEAFS | MON 9-OCT @ 7PM | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
man i didn't think much separated borgman and rosen in camp but there couldn't be a bigger difference so far in the real season. borgman looks awesome in every zone and rosen looks awful in every zone.

You couldn't tell that? Rosen wasnt all that great.

JVR and Bozak, sell now get zee picks

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hyman flubbing chances like it's going out of style.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
man i didn't think much separated borgman and rosen in camp but there couldn't be a bigger difference so far in the real season. borgman looks awesome in every zone and rosen looks awful in every zone.
I definitely wouldn't call Rosen awful this game, dodging that hit was a smart defensive play at least

But yeah, Borgman is our #5 right now, Rosen/Carrick can battle for #6

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Strength has a lot to do with it. One might not be quite ready to consistently battle NHL men. One of the Hawks new pairs was having trouble as well with our forecheck.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

Rosen looked better than Gardiner and Hainsey in the 1st IMO.

New Leaf

Oct 16, 2008
Yeah, the score is not indicative of how close this is right now. I feel this is incredibly winnable.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Their BACKUP goalie making saves and Andersen can’t find or stop a puck 2 feet in front of him twice.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
At least the game isn’t out of reach. Everyone needs to be better for the second period though. Even those playing fine need to be better if we want to win

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I have faith, all it takes is one goal to jumpstart the team. Nylander will probably bury one in the 2nd the way Matthews is retrieving pucks.

The 2 goals were whatever. Andersen has had some bad luck and bad defense the last 2 games. You can't anticipate that bounce on the 1st goal. His stick being behind the net and setting up the 2nd goal is something everyone has to be aware of.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Biggest difference I see is an experience gap; Hawks are so dialed in with their systems, everyone is always where they need to be when they need to be there, while the Leafs are more erratic and scattershot.

We're still in this game though, a bounce here and a bounce there.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
This period could have been anyone's.

Leafs had some early chances and some late ones. All decent.

Hawks had some much better chances than the Leafs, thanks Freddie!

The 2 goals weren't really anything special. First was just pure dumb luck and the second was a huge defensive breakdown.

Overall, this game is still anyone's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad