GDT: Game 3 - 4-NAS vs 1-CAR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How do you do that though? Considering Nashville apparently has carte blanche to slash, cross check, and throw literal punches at peoples heads with no consequences.

???

Literally every penalty Nashville was called for tonight was either a Slash or a Crosscheck. So that’s obviously not true.

Now if you’re arguing that they’re not getting called for it every time it happens, I’d agree with you. Just like the Canes aren’t getting called every time they slash and cross check someone. But that’s playoff hockey. Players are going to slash and crosscheck each other.

It’s obvious that the officials are favoring hinderance infractions like hooking and tripping in their calls. And generally speaking, those penalties tend to be taken by teams on their back foot, which was the Canes tonight. Add in the obvious calls like delay of game and you get the lopsided penalty results we saw tonight.

There’s no favoritism, no bias. Although I’m sure Brindamour calling out the officials certainly isn’t going to do us any favors. Like, I get why he did it, but that’s a dumb move.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If Slavin can go, I bet Rod keeps Lajoie in and sits Bean.

Lajoie got beat by Duchene, ironically, on his penalty. He could have easily been the goat (the bad kind) of this game.

Bean went for a cute play. He didn't get the bounce he was looking for. It wasn't an egregious error.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
???

Literally every penalty Nashville was called for tonight was either a Slash or a Crosscheck. So that’s obviously not true.

Now if you’re arguing that they’re not getting called for it every time it happens, I’d agree with you. Just like the Canes aren’t getting called every time they slash and cross check someone. But that’s playoff hockey. Players are going to slash and crosscheck each other.

It’s obvious that the officials are favoring hinderance infractions like hooking and tripping in their calls. And generally speaking, those penalties tend to be taken by teams on their back foot, which was the Canes tonight. Add in the obvious calls like delay of game and you get the lopsided penalty results we saw tonight.

There’s no favoritism, no bias. Although I’m sure Brindamour calling out the officials certainly isn’t going to do us any favors. Like, I get why he did it, but that’s a dumb move.

Pesce got smoked by a cross check high, almost to his neck rather than just his back, in front of the net for no damn reason. And the ref was literally standing 10 feet away looking right at it.

Meanwhile, we get called for a marginal hook in double OT and then pick up a bad icing call because the Nashville player didn't bother to try and play a puck that literally almost hit him in the arm.

But OK, no bias

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
nah—they had more quality chances in both OTs. Sure we had a couple of chances but overall I just didn’t see a consistent push for more than a bit in either OT.

The older team had more push as the game progressed but of course Rod is right that the refs hosed us on the calls, a non-call and a BS icing at the end.

btw: Trochek’s line was a combined -8. That’s brutal.

btw2: Sunday comes fast. Canes have shown great resiliency this year (ie big win in Tampa and then in Florida) and I don’t. Doubt they will come back Sunday and kick butt.
Lol what is the point of combined plus minus

Reactions: VAcaniac

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I know that hockey injuries are so often undisclosed - but has there been any indication of what’s bothering him?

No, just that he'll be a game time decision moving forward. Rod said he didn't aggravate his original injury on Monday but wasn't 100%. I bet we'll take him Sunday at whatever percentage he can muster.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Oh well, Rod will get fined. The league won’t care because we are small fish and may even double down on the refs because a small fish dare complain.

yay free liberties for Nashville.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pesce got smoked by a cross check high, almost to his neck rather than just his back, in front of the net for no damn reason. And the ref was literally standing 10 feet away looking right at it.

Meanwhile, we get called for a marginal hook in double OT and then pick up a bad icing call because the Nashville player didn't bother to try and play a puck that literally almost hit him in the arm.

But OK, no bias

As stated above, Lajoie was beat by Duchene on his penalty, so he was forced to hook him. You can claim it's marginal, but considering Duchene showed what he can do with a little bit of space later on in that OT, I'd say it's a call the official has to make.

Close icing calls are a ****show most of the time, but ultimately it comes down to referee discretion. And obviously, what we see on TV/in the stands is different than what they can see on the ice. So I don't nitpick icing calls unless its extremely blatant.

You're welcome to continue to blame the officials, but I do find it funny that, for all the talk about how bad it looked for the NHL following the whole "Tim Peel, even up calls" thing earlier this season, we've still got some here demanding the penalty calls be close between the two teams. That's not how it should work.

Anyways, night all. Hopefully cooler heads prevail in the morning.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
As stated above, Lajoie was beat by Duchene on his penalty, so he was forced to hook him. You can claim it's marginal, but considering Duchene showed what he can do with a little bit of space later on in that OT, I'd say it's a call the official has to make.

Based on how this game was officiated, do you think we would've gotten the same call if the situation had been reversed?

Please be honest.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
actually we don't even have to play hypotheticals on that last one because the situation was reversed. Staal had the puck on his stick right between the circles and almost the same exact hook happened, no call. I think it was in the first OT.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We had 70% CF in the 2nd. We owned the puck in the 2nd period. But we had double their penalty minutes. It is rare thst a team that dominates the puck will take a bunch of penalties when they have it.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
Watched the Predators feed. Made me miss the days we fans had a real announcer.
It's funny. My wife and I were driving and were forced to listen to the Nashville radio feed on XM. The Nashville radio play-by-play didn't seem to know all of the Canes players, so the call was a lot more ambiguous. We had to listen carefully to figure out which end of the ice the play was in.

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Would be nice for Svech to show up.
He cant. His talent and moves are not there anymore it seems. Not only this game. It has been like this All year. I dont know what He did or did not in the offseason but it had an impact on his game whi is just disappointing. One example: He shoots this stupid wristl wr from 2 miles instead of coming closer to the net and then shoot or dangle. Once He was quite good at it actually. Svech work this offseason on your fundamental, stickhandling, skating and edge work. In his juniorhockey time é had suh a good and fast lateral movement with the Puck. Every Thing which made him one of the best young Talents is gone. Now He seems so onedimensional ad clueless. Svech common, pls as soon as you return home, go to the ICE and train Till your skills are back again. You can Do it!!!!
A big Fan of Svech.

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad