GDT: GAME 3 10/17 8 PM - The BRUINS visit Portage and Main | NESN, TSN3, TVAS, 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Every Bruins fan knows that since Thomas arrived in Boston we have desperately wanted the goalie to NEVER move the puck or do anything fancy with it. We have Bergeron its been coached into Rask to cover it up he'd give up 6-7 goals a year trying to get pucks from his glove to defensemen.

Acciari making things happen b/c noone wants to get hit by him.

Yes, you are right. I simply hate that the team "accepts" the fact that our goalies don't play the puck. You watch other teams and they have set plays where the goalie makes a strong pass to a defenseman, or a good drop behind the net.

When there is literally no pressure and the opposition simply lobs the puck toward the net from behind the blue line with only a single player present in the offensive zone....yeesh. It's just inherently a poor play to take that offensive zone faceoff every single time.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I hate the offside rule when its against us and when it is for us. It's just so arbitrary to review just that. Bad calls lead directly to goals all the time. What makes offside so special to get reviewed other than to deflate momentum and ruin the viewing experience.

Clode doesn't make those calls. He just assumes it was onside..."let's the league handle it."

Because they have always been straight up with us.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I bet Brad called the officials *******s and that's why Winnepeg is being given carte blanche

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Top line excluded , this could be the weakest collection of offensive talent the Bruins have dressed in 15 years...

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This is a Bergeron game. Winnipeg has the biggest collection of skilled soft forwards in the league

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It has everything to do with it. HD reviews of hits, after the fact. HD reviews of obvious goals that are negated because, "inconclusive", HD reviews of ****ING OFFSIDES challenges from the bench...this league is destroying itself.

Are you talking about suspension reviews? If not, I don't know what you're talking about.

And yes the offside thing is annoying. But, there was a view on TSN that showed conclusively that it was the correct call. I don't like the rule that it can be reviewed, but I'd be kidding myself to ever say that making the correct call was "destroying" the game.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Interesting. The last time they replayed that, it didn't look like the puck fully crossed the line.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Can someone tell me why they don't have better cameras in this day and age on the blue lines for better "zoom?" 2016 called, they have found the technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad