GDT: GAME 3 10/17 8 PM - The BRUINS visit Portage and Main | NESN, TSN3, TVAS, 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hollafamer

Jan 24, 2011
I want the right call to be called but I feel like these reviews need some fine tuning. For one reviewers should already be ready as soon as the challenge is called. Like speed up the process so we don't have to stop and delay the game so long.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Here's the bigger problem with the rule: it sucks out the pure joy of watching your team score a goal. Your team enters the zone, 20 seconds later they score, and yet you have to wonder if it was offside forever ago.

The rule was designed to deal with guys being offside on rushes, or passes for breakaways at the blueline.

Three seconds after the puck enters the offside should be disregarded. I mean this sucks (and sucks no matter what team it happens too).

Exactly.

No bearing on the goal, no challenge.

Another penalty, Jesus.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
The NHL will wake up to this turning into the boards crap when someone breaks their neck. It's sad that's what it will take instead of calling it embellishment before it becomes more of the norm.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Here's the bigger problem with the rule: it sucks out the pure joy of watching your team score a goal. Your team enters the zone, 20 seconds later they score, and yet you have to wonder if it was offside forever ago.

The rule was designed to deal with guys being offside on rushes, or passes for breakaways at the blueline.

Three seconds after the puck enters the offside should be disregarded. I mean this sucks (and sucks no matter what team it happens too).

Exactly. It's like the NFL; every time your team makes a big play, you have to hold your breathe to make sure there's no late flag.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
it was offside... it was clear.. Krejci was just taking his time and the puck was still in the blue...TSN feed showed it perfectly..

Wait... but did TSN show it perfectly?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
The NHL will wake up to this turning into the boards crap when someone breaks their neck. It's sad that's what it will take instead of calling it embellishment before it becomes more of the norm.

Ehlers launches himself in to the boards like what an embarrassment

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I hate the offside rule when its against us and when it is for us. It's just so arbitrary to review just that. Bad calls lead directly to goals all the time. What makes offside so special to get reviewed other than to deflate momentum and ruin the viewing experience.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
it was offside... it was clear.. Krejci was just taking his time and the puck was still in the blue...TSN feed showed it perfectly..

The point being that Krejci needs to get the puck across the line... period. When the trailing linemates are 2 strides behind when you hit the line and are a full stride into the zone before you move the puck in partially... you are to blame 100%

Edit - Sucks the call blew our goal well after the fact, but DK... come on

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
"Bufelelgein has so many weapons."

Yup. One of which being the privilege to cheat, apparently.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
So, if there is a penalty, but the play entering the zone was offsides... can you challenge the penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad