Post-Game Talk: GAME 27 - Newark 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The longer Lindholm plays at this level the longer that contract no longer looks like the stroke of genius it was looking like last season.

Idk what has happened to him but he has looked very pedestrian for way too long now.
He's definitely regressed. I don't quite understand it either. I'm starting to get concerned.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The longer Lindholm plays at this level the longer that contract no longer looks like the stroke of genius it was looking like last season.

Idk what has happened to him but he has looked very pedestrian for way too long now.
I agree 100%. He began his play with Boston like gangbusters, but he hasn't been that player for quite a long time.
I don't know if his previous foot injury has skewered his game. Foot injuries can always be tricky.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

I think he overachieved last year and he’s underachieving now, he’ll level off at somepoint this year and find some place in the middle. He hasn’t been as horrible as he’s looked imo, but agree definitely not at his best.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Lindholm logged 25 min of ice time . . . may be the last, after Geekie and Sway I be concerned about in this game.

I honestly didn't know Trent Fred was playing till a Devil was chirping at him late in the 3rd.
JDB has to watch a game, I just cant watch him continually and actively avoid contact on forecheck and float

Speaking of floating . . .our "C" mailed one in. 7 seconds left in the 2nd he's 1:1 in O-zone just causually sends puck behind net . . . just a disinterested effort.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I think he overachieved last year and he’s underachieving now, he’ll level off at somepoint this year and find some place in the middle. He hasn’t been as horrible as he’s looked imo, but agree definitely not at his best.

Eye test says he looks like how he did in Anaheim when all his advanced stats said he was on the decline.

If you look at the last couple years (including seasons on the Ducks), last season was the outlier.

You have to hope that isn’t true.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Eye test says he looks like how he did in Anaheim when all his advanced stats said he was on the decline.

If you look at the last couple years, last season was the outlier.

His advanced stats are all still really good right now, just power play and penalties. Agree on eye test though, not matching up at the moment. Last year was definitely an outlier, hope is not by too much.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Mitchell experiment is hurting my eyes ..

Gonna do an eye flush and sleep this off
This should do the trick...

1702526388436.jpeg

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Something happened tonight despite the loss.

A player surprised me.

I’m not too down. There is some frustration for sure. But I also would kind of like to see Geekie get another kick or two at running his own line. There’s something there.
I agree. He had a good game. I also liked the first period of the game. I thought we had good jump and pace.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Never seen a team get burned as many times on the outside as this Bruins squad. It’s embarrassing.

It doesn’t happen THAT often, but often enough that I have to say this: i think holding the stick is still in the rule book, and should still be called.

when it’s abundantly clear that there will be no penalties called I would love to see a little more dickish behavior from Boston. Seems like they shrivel up instead.

Outside of the goaltenders i am finding it harder and harder to like this team. Win if you can, lose if you must, but show me something. Anything.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

If you look at the last couple years (including seasons on the Ducks), last season was the outlier.

The Ducks were one of the top teams in the western conference though in between 2013-2019. His stats probably went downhill with along with Anaheim's.

He looks like a different player this year though for sure.

Reactions: Gordoff

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Something happened tonight despite the loss.

A player surprised me.

I’m not too down. There is some frustration for sure. But I also would kind of like to see Geekie get another kick or two at running his own line. There’s something there.
This is sort of the type of season I expected this year, up and down and the ability to pull some positives out of maybe not so great result. This roster isn’t great to begin with never mind with the injuries so the record is already impressive to me but my expectations are much lower.

I obviously want to see them win but mainly want to just see some growth in the newer/young guys going into next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad