Post-Game Talk: Game #25: Blackhawks 2, Canucks 1 - Six goals? Nah, one goal will do fine...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Interesting roberto post game

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 6m
"Disappointing," says Luongo. "We can't just focus on the offence."

Sounds like hes saying those defensive lapses are more of a concern to him then goal support.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Burrows isn't a first liner. He is a definite top 6'er.

He has good speed/hands, and a decent shot. What else do you want?

Sure when's he with the Sedins he's a top 6er, take him off their wing and he's a solid 3rd liner.

John Bender*

Burrows isn't a top 6er, he's a great 3rd liner who plays with the twins, this team is filled with 3rd lines for our scoring outside Sedins and Kesler, who are our only true top 6 players and this the clear reason to our secondary scoring.

Secondary Scoring? Secondary Scoring???!! I'll just be happy if we can win a game!!! Secondary Scoring!?

(Said in Jim Mora voice).

Seriously though, we don't even have primary scoring, really.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
How are posters not acknowledging that Luongo gave up one soft goal and one questionable goal. Also boggles the mind that people think our miscues on offense implies that Luongo is doing his job as well as he should.

Luongo gave up 1 soft goal, and 1 goal where you really can't blame him. That's 2 goals in a game. How is he not doing his job? :laugh: Oh man.

John Bender*

Sounds like hes saying those defensive lapses are more of a concern to him then goal support.

What was his take on Vancouver's goaltending?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I didn't say he was "awful", just lacking offensive production. Yes, he does have good corsi stats and is an integral part of the PK, but he's barely noticable on the ice sometimes.

I disagree.

Also, no you didn't say he was awful, you said he "sucked" what's the difference?

John Bender*

Luongo gave up 1 soft goal, and 1 goal where you really can't blame him. That's 2 goals in a game. How is he not doing his job? :laugh: Oh man.

Crawford did not give up a soft goal. He won. Weird how that works.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

Huh? Is he blaming the defense on the two goals?

arsmaster*

Gillis is a lame duck in my opinion. Our top 6 consists of the Sedins, Kesler, Santorelli, Higgins, Burrows.

Higgins and Santorelli are clearly not top 6 forwards. This is a team with cup aspirations, you can't just sit back when you don't have the roster to compete. Make a ****ing move!

Not sure where you've been for the last year plus.

This roster is not that of a contender and expecting that is setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
It's like we have the exact same discussion after every game.

I give up. Those that can't figure it out that lack of offense and lack of elite goaltending are separate issues that are allowed to co-exist pretty much never will, or are pretending not to understand in order to stir the pot. I'm done.

member 202355

I disagree.

Hmm... well, there are times where he stands in the slot and waits for a pass from the twins, but most of the time he's just obliquely skating around doing nothing.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
One thing's for sure, Hawks are a much better skating team from top to bottom. Canucks have taken a few steps back in the speed department the last few seasons.

Something that doesn't get mentioned enough. Quite a big difference speed wise even from 2 years ago.

Anyways Botchford had pointed out that no team that was 6 points out of a playoff spot at this time of the year has ever made the playoffs. Right now we're 4 points out but if LA wins tonight we're 6 points back and they still have a game in hand. 4 points back of PHX but they have two games in hand. Just a little over a quarter of the season gone and may seem premature but history wise its looking pretty dreary.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
For the record, you have not been supportive of Luongo at all this year. I've seen you put blame on him for games where our offense has managed just 1 goal.

I honestly would have a hard time keeping a straight face in blaming a goalie for a loss when the offense scores 1 goal.

Lol he put the blame on Luongo when he gave up that atrocious goal in OT while bellyflopping against the Sharks. If you read his reviews on the games he does, he's generally given okay review for Luongo.

But please don't let me get in the way of your ********.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hmm... well, there are times where he stands in the slot and waits for a pass from the twins, but most of the time he's just obliquely skating around doing nothing.

Again, I disagree. Especially considering he's barley played with the twins. He's been great on board play, and has dictated possession. Listen to what Luongo's saying about Burrows right now.

Upoil

Zaboomafoo
Aug 8, 2010
Bermuda
It's like we have the exact same discussion after every game.

I give up. Those that can't figure it out that lack of offense and lack of elite goaltending are separate issues that are allowed to co-exist pretty much never will, or are pretending not to understand in order to stir the pot. I'm done.

I like you. It's like you use your brain or something.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Obviously our offense sucks right now.

But in a low-scoring, hard-fought game where the other goalie is standing on his head, you can't afford to let in 'one bad goal'.

For the record, I've been reasonably supportive of Luongo this year. He's battled hard and decent, despite his declining physical skills.

But in this game, he wasn't good enough.

Other posters aside.

The problem isnt that Lu got outplayed tonight the problem is that night after night this team is reliant on Lu being 2007 Lu.

I aint the biggest Lu but its been all year that posters have been pointing to him and his mistakes for losing games. Well those are going to be significant if he isnt getting the support.

Bigger issues include a guy like Jason Garrison who was brought in to specifically add firepower from the backend going 20+ games with out a goal and 13 or so without even a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad