Post-Game Talk: Game #24: Canucks 6, Jackets 2 - 6 goals? That's enough goals for 6 games!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
patterson claimed the talk earlier at the arena was a possibility of booth being waived, but that is far from confirmed.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Does the league get to investigate if Booth is being "sent home ala Scott gomez and still collect his paycheck.?

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
if booth gets sent home his cap still applies to the canucks "current cap situation right?. and if/when j.s comes back from his injury, nucks porbbaly don't have alot of wiggle room to do other things.

Yes but as long as the Canucks don't try and put Booth on LTIR there would be nothing to investigate, and if they tried, I'm sure they league would step in and say no.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Booth for Bjugstad? :sarcasm: I wish...

Nice game, good to see some goals FINALLY GO IN THE FREAKIN NET.

Kassian: can you actually skate please? Okay, you did it when you scored, but you completely stopped on CBJ's 2 GAs. See the trend there, big guy?

Sedins finally woke up, hopefully Kes and Burr do the same tomorrow. Huge game from Stanton, decent outing from everyone, I thought. Edler needs to remember how big and strong he is sometime, though.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
jokes aside: i find it very hard to blame goals against on offensive wingers. for a guy touted for his two-way play, i reckon kassian's centerman richardson has something to answer for, too. i'll admit that kassian didn't help in that regard tonight, but at least he made up for it with a great goal. i think he cops blame because he draws so much attention when he's on the ice, he has that kinda "player one" demeanour, when he doesn't stop a goal you kinda forget about the five other guys who didn't stop it either.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
As long as we're piling on, his "great goal" is probably stopped 95% of the time.

95.1%, statistically speaking.

doesn't mean it wasn't a great shot. he kinda faked out goalie bob by deferring attention to the defender and never telegraphing it. he also got enough heat on that it was able to trickle through despite the glove hand. loved it.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Kassian basically shot it right at bobs chest he got lucky, then made two of the dumbest plays in the game right after that.

StringerBell

As long as we're piling on, his "great goal" is probably stopped 95% of the time.

I liked his goal. Came down his off wing so he had a good angle at the net, looked off the goalie by playing pass and then snapped a shot on goal. It wasn't an elite shot but he read the situation well, made a smart play and it paid off.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
When Henrik said the Canucks were just playing the same way they were in the last few games, I agreed. Just some puck luck swinging our way, finally.

Some thoughts:

-Sedins looking their usual great self. Controlling the puck in the O-zone like no one else can, setting up from behind the net and taking shots whenever they have a good luck. Hope to see more of that.

-Stanton is what AV thought Rome was. We ragged GMMG for not signing a good #5-#6, so it makes me wonder if he knew he would get waived.

-Garrison has been invisible in the scoreboard, but us not noticing him might be good because he's giving us some good defensive play. No clue why Hamhuis is being played ahead of him in the PP.

-Kassian keeps teasing us like no other player. He does so many little things well - he has the stickhandling, strength and balance to dominate along the boards, he makes nice little plays to get the puck to his teammates. He knows where to put the puck when he shoots.

But too often he thinks he's already an All-Star - the first-goal was almost entirely his fault, trying to force a shot through and then trying to lay his man out, giving away a 3-on-1 instead of 3-on-2. He also gave away the puck a lot as he was obviously trying to force transition plays (maybe as a result of his goal, which was a culmination of Richardson quickly passing the puck the other way). He's not "there", but there's a good chance he'll turn into the kind of player GMMG envisions he can be - prime Big Bert, most likely.

-I have no idea how Burrows is 0-3-3 in 12 games. He literally does EVERYTHING right - he wins battles, he protects the puck, he cycles it to his teammates, he sets his linemates from behind the net, he shakes opposing defensemen loose and finds room to shoot, he mucks it up in the crease. I'm not worried about his stat line, the goals will come.

-This could've been a very ugly game for Luongo. No blame on him for the first goal, but the second one was flat out poor rebound control. Garrison was actually in a decent position to contain Anisimov, but that's how bad the rebound was. Atkinson and Jenner also missed wide-open nets, granted by nothing other than the trademark belly-flop. I'll say this though - Marchand shorthanded goal aside, his technique seems to make shooters inexplicably miss the net or shoot it right into him.

Evidence

Jul 3, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah seriously, there's another guy who needs to figure things out. He scored a goal tonight, but his dumb play led to the first goal against.

Stanton deserves some blame for that goal also, he made an aggressive pinch and got caught up ice, Kassian made the right play by covering for him and then for whatever reason tried to stand the guy up at the blue line instead of holding him to the outside.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Checked out the highlights since I missed the first period. So happy to hear Holiday on the 5th song, it brings back that great season. If the Canucks turn the season around, I would get all warm hearing us score and having that song come on.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
jokes aside: i find it very hard to blame goals against on offensive wingers. for a guy touted for his two-way play, i reckon kassian's centerman richardson has something to answer for, too. i'll admit that kassian didn't help in that regard tonight, but at least he made up for it with a great goal. i think he cops blame because he draws so much attention when he's on the ice, he has that kinda "player one" demeanour, when he doesn't stop a goal you kinda forget about the five other guys who didn't stop it either.

Yeah, it's not about that at all.

It's about the fact that Kassian made a whole collection of really poor defensive plays tonight. And it's not exactly out of the ordinary for him. He's often caught floating around in the general vicinity of where he should be, not actually doing anything, or making a weak attempt on the puck on the wall with a clearing attempt from the d-men. And tonight the turnovers were in full effect on top of all that.

He's simply not very good defensively, and has a lot to learn in that regard...and a lot more effort to put out. The same seems to be true of his offensive game as well, despite his goal tonight. While it was nice that he showed a bit of smarts in looking off the goalie...that's one where everyone is cringing at the goaltending. It's a lucky goal, and it doesn't make up for all of the other shortcomings. Nor has Kassian looked like 'player one' offensively, outside a few brief spurts here and there. Which is...an issue.

Evidence

Jul 3, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah, it's not about that at all.

It's about the fact that Kassian made a whole collection of really poor defensive plays tonight. And it's not exactly out of the ordinary for him. He's often caught floating around in the general vicinity of where he should be, not actually doing anything, or making a weak attempt on the puck on the wall with a clearing attempt from the d-men. And tonight the turnovers were in full effect on top of all that.

He's simply not very good defensively, and has a lot to learn in that regard...and a lot more effort to put out. The same seems to be true of his offensive game as well, despite his goal tonight. While it was nice that he showed a bit of smarts in looking off the goalie...that's one where everyone is cringing at the goaltending. It's a lucky goal, and it doesn't make up for all of the other shortcomings. Nor has Kassian looked like 'player one' offensively, outside a few brief spurts here and there. Which is...an issue.

I agree with this, he needs to put more effort into his defensive game and his shift after his goal he had a few awful turnovers, one in the defensive end but he still shows flashes offensively of the player he could become.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
finally our luck turns around a bit. Bobrovsky* looked horrible and columbus missed some gimmes. Game could have been a lot closer but given the horrible luck we've had lately i think it's about time.

* this guy won the vezina last year?

Yer off the case Bobrovsky!

Welsh said they got that from the fishing trip they went up north this summer and it's a way to respect them.

Yeah, nice to see them pay homage in that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad