Post-Game Talk: Game #24: Canucks 6, Jackets 2 - 6 goals? That's enough goals for 6 games!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Defeatist*

Booth probably being put on waivers to send to minors. He'll clear waivers for sure.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
well toronto got jvr for freakin' luke schenn

brian-burke.jpg

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Booth probably being put on waivers to send to minors. He'll clear waivers for sure.

That would be a pretty pointless move given the CBA rules here. It would only save 1/4th of his salary on the cap.

I think the talk with Booth may have been about playing/not playing tomorrow.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
That would be a pretty pointless move given the CBA rules here. It would only save 1/4th of his salary on the cap.

I think the talk with Booth may have been about playing/not playing tomorrow.

If someone claims him then we win, and if not as someone else has said 900k is 900k better then having it all on the cap just in press box. Plus he can be recalled without having to go back through if he were to make it down.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
If he's not going to play anyway, 900k is 900k. Plus, there's that hail-mary chance that maybe someone is desparate enough to claim him.
Downside is, Canucks wanna use a compliance buyout on Booth next summer.
If he gets injured (very possible with his history), they cannot buy him out.
I think he may get Gomezed...waived and sent home to collect his paycheques.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
We can't afford blunders like Kassian on the first goal or blown coverages like Garrison on the 2nd goal if we want to beat Chicago and LA. It's nice to light it up against a struggling goalie and a team with injuries.

Who are the real Canucks though? The team that went on a 5-1-1 road trip and gutted out a win on a back-to-back vs a well rested Blues team? Are they the offensively challenged and defensively blundering team we saw for the past 5 games? What's this team's identity?

I'm a bit surprised how far Columbus has fallen. I had them picked as a wild card team before the season started.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Downside is, Canucks wanna use a compliance buyout on Booth next summer.
If he gets injured (very possible with his history), they cannot buy him out.
I think he may get Gomezed...waived and sent home to collect his paycheques.

Gomez...Man, Florida has more cap space than they'll ever use and of course saw Booth when Booth was successful. Maybe they'll take a shot. YOU NEVER KNOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad