BRUINS GDT GAME 22 | Ready, Set, Reset | Bruins vs. Sharks | NESN, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Heinen is roughly a .5 PPG player this season getting only 12:58 ATOI. Not too much of an offensive black hole. His shooting pct is 9.5% this season (9.8 career). Again, not horrible. That's around the NHL average, and the guy is playing for peanuts. Jake is at 6.7% and Marchy is at 10.4%, and both of them typically play on lines with better players, but are having down years so far in that dept. Point is that Heinen is doing just fine offensively given his role and opportunities. It'll be interesting to see if he can step things up a notch tonight in the top 6.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
You just made a great argument to not resign DeBrusk
I'd like to see Debrusk re signed but not at 6-7 until he proves he's worthy of it. His defensive game is great but that's what Heinen does for a fraction of the price and puts up 80% of the points. Hell Heinen may even know how to pack a suitcase or set an alarm!

And from the video above he knows his role.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You need players like Heinen in your lineup. Won't give you much but won't hurt you much. At $775 it frees up money for players that can help you.

They should be in the bottom six not the top six however. He is the ideal 11/12/13 forward. Let him play conservative in a limited role. Bruins do not need conservative in the top 6 when goal scoring is already questionable at times.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Bs 3rd and 4th lines are pretty freaking stout tonight. On paper the third line should be a matchup nightmare for SJ.

Reactions: hrdpuk

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
People: WE ARE SHORT A TOP 6 WINGER

My dudes, we signed a bunch of 1M players because we had no cap space in a transition year. Can we please stop saying the obvious. We don't need to mansplain cap hockey to the whole board.

yes we know, we are short a top end player at least. Everyone knows, including management.

Next year, there's cap space. Till then, we make it work best we can. We have one of the youngest teams in the NHL now. You gotta let the pieces play out on the board.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

My dudes, we signed a bunch of 1M players because we had no cap space in a transition year. Can we please stop saying the obvious. We don't need to mansplain cap hockey to the whole board.

yes we know, we are short a top end player at least. Everyone knows, including management.

Next year, there's cap space. Till then, we make it work best we can. We have one of the youngest teams in the NHL now. You gotta let the pieces play out on the board.
Throw in that a couple of the players need to be load managed, one starting player is out because of legal issues, and the team has already had to deal with some injury problems. Monty gets to play rob Peter to pay Paul before every game when making out his lines.

Reactions: bruinshoper

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

One of the youngest teams in the NHL? Now there is a positive spin. Where? Poitras. Perhaps Swayman? Is the other youth the 4th line? Lohrei in Providence. This is a different discussion but the Bruins for years have hoarded depth youth. It does not serve as a strong argument compared to the true teams with youth.

The cap excuse only bears so much weight as the GM chose to leave the investment with the defense and goaltending. Right or wrong, that was a decision, a choice. One of Hall or Bertuzzi could have remained.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
One of the youngest teams in the NHL? Now there is a positive spin. Where? Poitras. Perhaps Swayman? Is the other youth the 4th line? Lohrei in Providence. This is a different discussion but the Bruins for years have hoarded depth youth. It does not serve as a strong argument compared to the true teams with youth.

The cap excuse only bears so much weight as the GM chose to leave the investment with the defense and goaltending. Right or wrong, that was a decision, a choice. One of Hall or Bertuzzi could have remained.

You build from the net out, so they say. The Bruins have long been strong on the backend, much as the last couple of games might not look like it, and Sweeney's always managed that aspect pretty well, even if a little more size and grit has been lacking. It's arguably the most important part of the team to get right, so prioritizing keeping the D group strong and cohesive is probably not a bad thing.

But it does leave the forwards short for now. Whether the GM's strategy pays off we will see in the upcoming offseason in terms of how he can use the extra cap space to bolster and renew our offense.

Last edited:

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well they are trying 2 things I was thinking of in my own head so I guess I have to like that. One, was trying DeBrusk with Zacha and Pasta. Let them play with pure speed and relentless attack. Getting DeBrusk going is vital to this team.
The second is Marchand with Poitras. I've wanted that since game 1. Mentor that kid. It's a good combo. I am not sure about Heinen with them but not sure there's a better option either as the Coyle line seems to have chemistry. We shall see if it works. Heinen is defensively responsible so maybe that's the thinking. Free up Poitras to focus on offense, his strength. Feed Marchand. Let Heinen cover up for any defensive lapses. Might work. Fingers crossed.

Kind of a must win in the sense that they really should win and a loss will just drive this place nuts tomorrow. Let's hope they dominate.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
If there is one team that can help bust out of a slump its the Sharks
They are definitely the weakest team in the NHL. Nobody even comes close to that -54 DIFF (Chi is -20 at second worst). But, SJ is 4-5-1 in their last 10 games, including winning their last two against Vancouver and the Caps, so they are not the pushovers they were earlier in the season. Having said that, yeah, I agree that playing SJ "should" be a good springboard to busting out of the slump. Expecting a very spirited performance from the Bs. Don't want to head into Toronto on a 4-game losing streak.

Reactions: Carbonated Puck

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
If he’s getting bored in retirement, I’m sure there’s no end to the number of roles he could take within the organization… playing or otherwise. :naughty:

In all seriousness, great to see him still involved. I’m sure it was difficult for him to step away from something he had a massive role in building. He deserves all the time he wants to relax but I do hope he’s more formally involved when the time is right.
He is skating with Bruins alumni team for first time this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad