BRUINS GDT GAME 22 | Ready, Set, Reset | Bruins vs. Sharks | NESN, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nah . B's are 14-4-3 in a year most expected a .500 record.

They are just hitting a bump in the 82 game road.

Idk if most expected a .500 record. There’s a poll a few pages back from before the season that asked where bruins finish and 72% of people said they were a playoff team.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don't often make predictions but I have one for this game .

Marchand takes a cheap dangerous hit (miraculously not injured ) Bruins empty the bench everyone is on the ice including JM and the rest of the staff even Sophia . SJS also on the ice in . Fans get on the ice acting mostly as paramedics . CNN interrupts their normal coverage for an NHL special . An hour later everyone is ejected . 3 days later B's receive news they've been suspended for the rest of the season, Jacob's threatens to sue.

*Jack has a seizure Brick administers first and he recovers
Sounds more like a nightmare

Reactions: hrdpuk

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Sharks lineup is just AHL level. Two points a must. Really anything less than a 5-1 win would be a major upset.

Heinen on line 2, Grzelcyk on first D pair, well let's just get those duck boats ready. Can see Montgomery is really following through on his desire to be harder to watch, uh I mean play against.

This lineup makes sloths look like crazed killers.
Softest Bruins lineup in quite some time. I honestly don't care as long as they win, but nothing seems to make them mad...including getting beat soundly, they just go out with a whimper.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I blamed the soft style on Cassidy. Now we have somehow gotten even softer. This is 100% on Don Sweeney who, for whatever reason, clearly hates players who play with anything more than a pulse.
It's the system I'm guessing...20th in hits/60....13th in blocks/60...17th in giveaways, 29th in takeaways...just not a very aggressive team in general in any facet. Big difference this year in PP time vs PK time as well, not drawing the penalties they generally do and taking some more lazy ones.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The psychology behind the undeserved goalie pull has never made any sense to me. You're already 2-0 down, to lowly Columbus, and trying to snap a mini losing streak. What more incentive do you need to wake up and start playing harder and better? If a goalie's having a bad night, then by all means yank him and give the other guy a go. If it then gives the team a little jolt and perhaps some renewed confidence that pucks will stay out of their net, fine. Otherwise, just let the netminder get on with his job.

Those practice top 6 lines are interesting. No reason why DeBrusk-Zacha-Pasta can't work, just depends if the chemistry is there. Poitras and Heinen have shown something previously, but Matt and Marchand have struggled to gel and seemed to be communicating on different wavelengths. Well not much harm in trying again with them plus Danton and seeing how it shapes up. What they've had the last few games certainly wasn't working.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Idk if most expected a .500 record. There’s a poll a few pages back from before the season that asked where bruins finish and 72% of people said they were a playoff team.
I think 72% is a modest number for making the playoffs from most local fanbases. 50% of the teams make it and most fans have higher expectations for their local team then they should. I wonder what the baseline would be around the NHL if you asked all fans if there team was likely to make the playoffs. I think you might land right in the same range as our 72%.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Oh, I absolutely admit I get a little carried away when it comes to the points I'm trying to make or my opinions. I feel like I'm more frustrated than they are.

Ultimately I'm just not finding their brand of hockey enjoyable these days, even in some of their wins.

Sorry to hear that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This will have to do for the GDT. Not having my own laptop with me was a stupid move on my part now that work is clamping down.

I can have something for Saturday as I can use my mom's computer at night.

Regular GDT's that look normal will return on December 31st.

I apologize for being all over the place.

Bruins get back to business tonight.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The psychology behind the undeserved goalie pull has never made any sense to me. You're already 2-0 down, to lowly Columbus, and trying to snap a mini losing streak. What more incentive do you need to wake up and start playing harder and better? If a goalie's having a bad night, then by all means yank him and give the other guy a go. If it then gives the team a little jolt and perhaps some renewed confidence that pucks will stay out of their net, fine. Otherwise, just let the netminder get on with his job.

Those practice top 6 lines are interesting. No reason why DeBrusk-Zacha-Pasta can't work, just depends if the chemistry is there. Poitras and Heinen have shown something previously, but Matt and Marchand have struggled to gel and seemed to be communicating on different wavelengths. Well not much harm in trying again with them plus Danton and seeing how it shapes up. What they've had the last few games certainly wasn't working.
Poitras and Marchand both like to hang on to the puck a lot ,they both seem to have a pass mentality,so Heinen is going to be the goal scorer on that line ,hey I’m no expert I could be wrong,but I’m predicting it’s not going to work,not unless Brad or Poitras starts shooting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad