GDT: Game 22: Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets 11/29/23 7:00pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wonder if they can manage to trade for Laine by giving up Anderson+

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3rd youngest team in the league is in a rebuild. I have to keep telling myself that.

The worst part for me is seeing Dach go down so early in the season.

Dach going down that quick definitely stings. There are a few players I really want playing to see what the real future will look like (Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook, Guhle, Barron & Arber). Other players could go down, but those were the guys I really wanted to remain healthy.

As for them being young and in a rebuild, that is the reality. My main issue is that in almost every game, they look overwhelmed defensively. Aside from a few games where they looked like a team who can cause some headaches, they've largely been looking like chickens running around with their heads cut off in their own zone.

Offensively, you want to see more goals. But I don't have an issue with them there. They create chances and their D is active. That part of their game is not what worries me. Defensively however, I'd like them to tighten it up. It's like other teams know that if they get a cycle going, they can hem us in our zone for minutes at a time.

I also feel like they've gotten away from some phsicality. And I don't mean that because Arber is out. But you don't see them finish checks as much, be as aggressive on the forecheck, and sometimes, you see them only want to use their sticks to remove the puck from the opponent rather than use their bodies to separate the player from the puck.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Hate that cannon

And how long till we sit Anderson or demote him to the 4th line 2 points in 21 gms is embarassing move up Ylonen hes been one of our best players yet he still sits on the 4th line
Maybe he’s been one of our best BECAUSE he sits on the 4th line

• Haha
Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
They really need to get this goalie situation sorted out. Monty and Primeau need to play more. Edmonton has now started winning, so I hope we didn’t miss the boat on a possible deal there.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There is always the likelihood that an untimely injury to a playoff-bound team’s starting goalie happens and that’s when Hughes will strike. I never believed EDM was in the running for any Habs goalies as all we’re seeing is how Holland is not looking to spend what it takes for whatever reason — he still believes Campbell can make it back.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Those two guys don’t understand that they need to start playing like they’re fighting for their lives.

I don't disagree with you. Although Pez still plays with more jam than Armia does (okay, not a high bar to do that). ButI would take Pez over Armia in the line-up any day.

Although the good news out of that is thet Ylonen isn't the one sitting out.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wonder if they can manage to trade for Laine by giving up Anderson+
Anderson has negative value now. Teams are tight against the cap. No one will want the risk of his contract. I think we'll have to get hi producing to move him. If not, between him and Gallagher, we're looking at 12M against the cap for the next 3 years after this one, and 2 roster spots taken up that could have gone to young players like Caufield, Slaf, Newhook, Roy, RHP, Ylonen, Heineman, Farrell, Mesar, Tuch, and whoever we draft.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With Pezz out, we’re a softer team getting softer.

Against CLB and Flo, it could get ugly.
I don’t get what steps are being taken to optimize our asset mix to such an extent that we can at least keep up with the heavier, more physical teams.

Reactions: Hannibal

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah but if you draft a guy over 5'11" he has no skill, the front office only cares about size and we are doomed.

I'm pretty sure this front office would love the opportunity to draft Lindstrom and if the value was right MBN.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Qh Columbus and that annoying cannon.......can you shoot the guy who operate that thing?

canon-stuart-the-minion.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah but if you draft a guy over 5'11" he has no skill, the front office only cares about size and we are doomed.

I'm pretty sure this front office would love the opportunity to draft Lindstrom and if the value was right MBN.
To me it’s not just about height but weight and physicality.

This whole notion that physical players mean a compromise in other key attributes (skating, IQ) is not an absolute. There are players that can be effective middle sixers, bottom liners and in some drafts, even have top 6 ceiling who will help optimize a team’s asset mix (we passed on Tkachuk).

The Kings have done it, so have the Panthers, and if I’m not mistaken the Jets and CBJ are doing it as well. If you don’t draft these guys you’re also not likely to ever achieve that more balanced profile.

And if Gorton has any say into this team’s roster-building blueprint, physicality and size + weight are not things he prioritized as NYR’s GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad