Game 2 - The Comeback Story - Leafs vs Lightning 7pm EST - SN, ESPN, CBC, TVAS, BSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You must have missed everyone calling the series over in tuesdays game day thread

Well Tampa generally has some ground to stand on when it comes to the playoffs. 3 straight Cup finals should give them some ego. Toronto has proven nothing. Yet their fans are already calling it after game 2 when the series will be going back to Tampa tied. Just seems silly to me. There is no humble in Toronto.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Its the Maple Leafs it wouldn't shock me to see them lose 7-5 still.

This is true. Things are still possible.

It has been going very well. It is not over by any means.

I'm obviously saying that tongue in cheek coming at it from the opposite side as you haha.

Seriously tho Leafs looking alot better, and Vasilevsky isn't looking so good. That's concerning for TB.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
He has a tendency to lay eggs once in awhile in games which are not must win games...his only recent bad game in a must win was game 2 at NYR last year and that was probably due to rust still since they sat for over a week
This game felt like a must-win for Tampa Bay.

When you start a series, where you are an underdog, as well as Tampa Bay started in Game 1, then you don't want to allow your opponent to get back into the series.

If there ever was a game for Vasilevskiy to back up his reputation, this evening's game felt like a great time to do it.

If Tampa Bay showed killer instinct this evening, the series would have been decidedly in their favour. Tonight was the opportunity to deliver a knockout punch, and they failed.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
The Leafs are such a weird team. Anyways, really good start. What they needed. Anything on a knife's edge and you're susceptible to a bad bounce making the difference - which happens (and why handing over a game on a silver platter like they did in G1 is so foolish). Time to keep the momentum going, lock it down, and not let Tampa back in.
Samsonov needs to shut the door and gain some confidence.

You know he’s feeling it when he’s tight to his net. As soon as you see him out and sliding around like an acrobat above the blue paint you know he’s a wreck. Hopefully the Leafs play a strong final 40 in front of him

Reactions: Strangle

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Well Tampa generally has some ground to stand on when it comes to the playoffs. 3 straight Cup finals should give them some ego. Toronto has proven nothing. Yet their fans are already calling it after game 2 when the series will be going back to Tampa tied. Just seems silly to me. There is no humble in Toronto.

Most people who voted in the poll called the series before the puck was even dropped.

I called it in 6 for the Leafs, for example

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
faceofhorror.org
This game felt like a must-win for Tampa Bay.

When you start a series, where you are an underdog, as well as Tampa Bay started in Game 1, then you don't want to allow your opponent to get back into the series.

If there ever was a game for Vasilevskiy to back up his reputation, this evening's game felt like a great time to do it.

If Tampa Bay showed killer instinct this evening, the series would have been decidedly in their favour. Tonight was the opportunity to deliver a knockout punch, and they failed.

I feel like Tampa not having their 2 of their top defensive guys probably doesn't help. Lol

kwichang

Apr 30, 2022
Yeah. You got it bad. You really need to stop seeing everything as a "victim". It is not healthy.

Look at the positives, Bunting and Co was successful and the Bolts lost their blue line. So you will walk easily to a win. You should feel good. Not constantly think everyone is out to get you. All is good in Toronto tonight. Hockey, Labatts, not just need some girls in sweaters. Be positive.

View attachment 692795
Sorry - camera-persons got the memo. . . any incessant camera lingering on fans in sweaters will not be tolerated. . .

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
How many are calling it after that period. Like a dozen? 15 maybe?

We're bigger than the Sens fanbase over here.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I feel like Tampa not having their 2 of their top defensive guys probably doesn't help. Lol
Even more of a reason for Vasilevskiy to play up to his reputation and steal a game.

Vasilevskiy steals this game, and the series is close to being done.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
2nd period the Lightning will be much improved. Leafs need to be dialed in.

Refs have been good so far imo.

Looking forward to Wes in game 3 (or game 4, series score dependent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad