GDT: GAME 16: FLAMES @ HABS | Flame-broiled imbroglio | Tues., Nov. 14th, 2023, 7PM -- TSN2, SnW, RDS, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you trade Gally and Donkey for Huberdeau?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He’s not though. People throw that term around. He’s not a physically dominant player. Messier was a beast. Lucic a beast. Xjhekaj a beast. More often than not, Slaf gets outmuscled. He may become that guy, but he’s not there yet. He wins the odd battle. It doesn’t make him a beast. Throw some hits. Stand in front of the net. Score some damn goals. THEN I’ll call him a beast.
Context...

Take a look around the NHL, good luck finding 19 year olds winning physical battles as often as he does.

Doing what he does at this age, years before he hits the start of his strength peak, is why people throw that word around. They probably should qualify it "for his age", but most of us get the context

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kovacevic is such an offensive blackhole. I can't remember him completing a pass this game. Dump and ice the puck. Dump ins and wide shots when the opportunity arises. The minute he tries to make a pass the play breaks down. I hate his work on the blueline.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Kovacevic is such an offensive blackhole. I can't remember him completing a pass this game. Dump and ice the puck. Dump ins and wide shots when the opportunity arises. The minute he tries to make a pass the play breaks down. I hate his work on the blueline.
He has his moments.

He makes some nice passes and other times he acts exactly like an unskilled player in the EA games when you hit the skill button.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
He started off well this season. The last I'd say 4 games or so, he's back to looking like a waiver wire claim.

Reactions: Rapala

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
1 talent doesn't make a line. If he was playing with Jack Hughes how many goals?

ok

Not sure what you've been watching, but his issue of late hasn't been the quality of chances he's been getting.

But regardless, the point is that it's a bit silly to suggest that the scoring dunk many of our fwds are in is a talent issue.

That Hughes is more talented than anyone on our roster is besides the point.

Fyi Newhook has as many goals on the season as McDavid... Care to make the case that McDavid has a lack of talent :sarcasm:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
This is silly. He paced for 48 goals in his first 83 games with MSL.

His shooting percentage is around nine right now.

It’s not a talent issue.

It is, this is happening because other teams don't have other players to contain.

What? You thought he would go around the ice underestimated forever?

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
He is not an offensive d but a steady presence. Good bottom pairing. Habs have several of those.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
i

This NHL player gets paid 5.5 million dollars to score goals in the NHL. Is this real or is it snake oil. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
At some point Newhook has to be dropped down. He is a middle 6er not top line. The skating is great but he is quite unnoticeable other than that. Should be a buzzsaw on the forecheck but just isnt

Reactions: Miller Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad