GDT: Game 16: Avs @ Jets | 6 PM MT | November 9, 2018 | Oh No, We Suck Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Lol gonna be one of those games. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets put up 50 shots tonight, either.

Man, this team is trash lately. Like, it's not even close in games. They're back to looking like the 16-17 Avs.
That Edmonton game is gonna be 9-1. If this is how they going to show up against Connor then they best just not come here Sunday.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This team can only play decent hockey if they're in the lead.

Our bottom 9 is by far the worst in the league.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nathan Mackinnon’s backcheck on that pp shift that the Jets dominated was one of the worst defensive reads I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: dahrougem2

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This reminds me of the offense under Bednar in 16-17... Zone time that leads to absolutely nothing, no pucks to the middle, everything on the outside. When in doubt, ring it around the boards. We've got no rhythm and no purpose in the offensive zone right now.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You know why Mackinnon had the season he had last year? He didnt defer. He took it upon himself to be the gunner. Now hes trying to be Foppa out there. That speaks to his confidence. In fact that entire lines confidence is shot. I wonder what that stat line looks like ever since Landeskog proclaimed them to be the best line in hockey.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hard to match up against teams when you're relying on a single elite line and have zero depth.

No more of that " we'll show you!" magic from last season. Seems like this team deals with expectations poorly.

Like the kid who gets a single compliment on how good he's doing and that's good enough for him and then he slacks off.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
As awful as they look, they are better than this, but nothing is working right now. Hopefully we can come out and have a strong second period like the Predes game, and without challenges ruining the game this time.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
This is horsecrap. MacKinnon has not been himself for a while. The play on the PP where he got caught, looked at the player and then back checked is a bad example of his leadership right now. Wake the f*ck up guys

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
You know what; if you could guarantee me 2 Top5 picks i would ask you: Where do i have to sign?

But that's not the Aves way. The Aves way is: Both teams missing the Playoffs - barely; and we end up with two picks in the 10-15 range. Would be great for depth and stuff but wouldn't solve anything. No, thank you.

who is that Mack1st pick then

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
First line and the Avs in general have been terrible since Landy proclaimed the first line to be the best in the league

I donno, I personally have a hard time blaming the 1st line. They definitely had one or two very bad games, but the other games it's hard to gain momentum or sustained pressure when the other three lines are absolute trash. The only time we see any time in the offensive zone is our 1st line.

Reactions: BleedWell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad