Post-Game Talk: Game 1 Pens vs Rangers: It was ugly

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think boys competed hard, they played hard, with passion. They deserved better for those first three minutes, for sure. Then the first goal happened. You know, it happens. Then they need to stick to it. That sticktoitivness needs to be a bit better after that. It´s a tough league, there are good teams and boys played one of them. So they need to sticktoit a bit better. But for the most part I thought they tried their best.
Pretty much…lol…they didn’t stick to their game

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Pretty sure Eric Tangradi would do a better job behind that bench.

#LetTheBigDawgCoach

For real though….the 3 f***ing cavities I had filled at the dentist yesterday was seemingly more fun than another 81 games of this bullshit.

When does our pansy-ass bandwagon home crowd finally start the “FIRE SULLIVAN!!!” chants???

Or have they been satisfied by the Crosby extension? :rolleyes:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
#LetTheBigDawgCoach

For real though….the 3 f***ing cavities I had filled at the dentist yesterday was seemingly more fun than another 81 games of this bullshit.

When does our pansy-ass bandwagon home crowd finally start the “FIRE SULLIVAN!!!” chants???

You give the fans at the rink too much credit.

To get Dubas’ and FSG’s attention, you’d need jerseys thrown on the ice and boo’s as well as Fire Sullivan chants for a couple of games in a row while continuing to lose games.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
10 games in 17 days to start the season. Will be able to check out early on this season if gets off the rails. Knowing our boys they’ll be something like 3-4-3, not quite bad enough to give up hope.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
#LetTheBigDawgCoach

This fan base is so brain washed into thinking Sullivan is a good coach, it is mind boggling. To the surprise of no one, the average sports fan is kind of clueless. The shit I hear in the stands makes me want to pull my hair out (If I still had any left)

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It’s weird to see Sid be under 50% on faceoffs.

This fan base is so brain washed into thinking Sullivan is a good coach, it is mind boggling. To the surprise of no one, the average sports fan is kind of clueless. The shit I hear in the stands makes me want to pull my hair out (If I still had any left)
It’s not so much fans, it’s the narrative the team spins with these PR fluff pieces they get out there by writers.

Yohe and Rossi are mouthpieces of the team, they will pump Sullivan’s tires as much as possible on The Athletic, then the rest, they kind of steer away from saying anything knowing they’ll likely get ignored by Sullivan for questions, but online, the Sullivan dislike has been growing a lot since last season and yet NHL and other sites had Sullivan still listed as a top 5 coach somehow, lol.

Absolutely comical.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I was kinda shocked to see Jarry come out to start the 2nd after letting that third goal in late. I wonder if Ned was available if he would have turned to him.
If they weren’t comfortable playing Blomqvist after the first, which imo they should have taken Jarry out after the first period, then why is he up and not Larsson? That’s something a coach needs to do and Sullivan often times doesn’t do it until it’s far too late or doesn’t at all.

Sullivan’s entire idea of a spark is something Bylsma used to do at Sid & Geno’s peak years, at age 37 and 38. That’s a coach that has had zero answers for years, pulling out old tricks hoping it’d work when it hasn’t for a while.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think Beauvillier was bad btw, 6 shots on net, playing hard, I can’t be mad at that while he was on his off wing and shouldn’t have been. Drew meanwhile had 0 shots on net with Sid and gave the puck away twice, only other forward with 0 shots on net today was Acciari, the pre-season sniper.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
1. This team still plays whack-a-mole offense
2. The team has no idea how to play structured defense
3. If Jarry was completely on they still lose this game 3-0 to 4-0. Jarry isn't a high danger goalie.

This team looks exactly like it has for 3-4 years. BUT...

I did hear Mike Sullivan is an incredible coach because he speaks in complete sentences!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I honestly don't know if I'm ready to completely write them off yet. I'd like to see how Blomqvist looks. I'd like to see if this is the Tristan Jarry we get all season or if he has better in him.

And yes, to @Gurglesons' point I'd like to see what happens if they decide to pull the plug on Sullivan lol. If the team looks like this for the first month of the season that has to be the final straw for Dubas, right? Of course, if they are that bad for a full month that might just be the season even if they go on a huge run after that with new coaching.

Honestly though, I'm not worried at all one way or the other. If they double down on Mike Sullivan then this team might be picking in the lottery which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world even though it sucks for Sid. And if they fire him, there might be a chance at playoff spot.

What can I say, I'm an optimist.

I'd f-ing hate to watch a full season of this though even if it lead to a lottery pick.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I've felt that way for the last like 3 years. This team should be way better than their results
Really? When your best players are that old? And your team is one of the slowest in the league? And you have very little in the way of finishers? No coach will resurrect this team.

You NEED to accept we'll be a bottom five or seven team in the league if not worse! Probably for two to three years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad