Post-Game Talk: Game 1 Pens vs Rangers: It was ugly

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well, they aren’t fast enough anymore to score off the rush so they’re going to have to try to do it from cycling the puck….they did a decent job of that the first 10 minutes and then after they fell behind 3-0 they quit trying…that’s how I see this game…basically with the old guys, we have no chance in a game unless we start off with a lead

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
1728526594456.png

• Love
Reactions: Ignatius

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Most of us going into the season probably had the Pens somewhere around 6th mayyybe 5th in the Metro at best. So not even expecting them to be a playoff team or good.

They somehow managed to look even worse than the already low expectations for them tonight. Impressive.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hopefully Sid is smart enough to allow a trade outta town.

He's on a sinking ship, like I said last year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
There's really nothing to pick apart or analyze tbh. An aggressively mediocre team played a dreadful night of hockey. Everyone who played sucked, and the coaching sucked.

It was funny though. :laugh:

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Invisible. All good graces from last years' positive were completely erased. At best I'd say he was what you'd expect a last-minute call-up to perform like.

These responses being right next to each other is really funny. Because I don't know if the stellar bit was because he was invisible in a 0-6 game or if it was sarcastic, or if it was real. So many possibilities

• Haha
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What was good about Beauvillier on the top line? I mostly saw him falling down and flubbing chances.

DOC was atrocious too.

Sid had had enough of that game by the time the second period started lol.
Yeah @SEALBound I don't have a clue what game you watched either.

That top line looked hot ass the entire game. I don't know if they even looked like a competent 2nd line on any other team.

People should know that both DOC and Beau would likely be competing for 13th F on MOST NHL clubs.

To me, it was his SIX shots on goal. None went in, true. And yeah, he flubbed several chances. What that means is that playing with Sid, he continuously, throughout the game, put himself in scoring positions. Had he not flubbed several, he may have had upwards of 10. I think we can work with that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
These responses being right next to each other is really funny. Because I don't know if the stellar bit was because he was invisible in a 0-6 game or if it was sarcastic, or if it was real. So many possibilities
I was joking. Every single player sucked shit. Some worse than others, but everyone was terrible. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad