GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Oddly, we're 10th in the league in SA/60 at 5v5, and 9th in xGA/60. Even HDCA/60 is middle of the pack at 15th. Last year we were around the bottom 3rd of the league in all three of those stats. Granted, it's a small sample.

There have been breakdowns, every team has them, and there have been times when it's seemed like we were under assault, but the team has done a pretty good job of getting in the lanes and reducing the quality of chances against. Where they have struggled imo is bearing down and getting the clear when they do get in trouble, which means they defend more often than they should.

I've liked both new guys on the D, Kleven and Jensen have been good, and Kleven seems to be getting more and more comfortable. Sanderson is Sanderson, and while Chabot still has his bad habits, I think he's going to fit well with Jensen.

Hamonic has been uneven, I'd like to get a look at JBD there, but with Zub potentially out, we'll have to wait for that.

Up front, I'd like to see us be a bit more consistent on the forecheck. Tkachuk had a slow start so far, he can be better, but Pinto looks great, Norris seems to be closer to his old form after shaking off some early rust, though I haven't seen that one timer. I really don't like Gaudette on the 4th line, I think we need more size/grit, and defensive awareness for that role, he would be a good callup for the 3rd line perhaps. .
With Zub out, JBD draws in probably as 3RD assuming Hamonic moves up to be 2RD based on Green's usage so far. I think there is a possibility that JBD draws in for Zub as 2RD.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They lined up at practice today
Sanderson Hamonic
Chabot Jensen
Kleven JBD
Thanks.

That's Green helping his former bud, I think. That will have to change if this team is to get better on D and make the playoffs. We need to pick up someone competent via UFA, waivers or trade.

Oh well, we have 4 points out of a potential 6 points after 3 games and thus are trending to get in to the playoffs, but that can change in a game or two at this early stage of the season.

If we manage to have 12 points after 10 games, we will be trending to get into the playoffs and almost everyone here will be happy (but not ecstatic).

The team played very well against Florida in the first game and then stunk in the Montreal game and could not generate sufficient offence nor play defense well enough. Then in game 3, the offence was great but the defense sucked. If that type of play continues, we will not make the playoffs.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
They lined up at practice today
Sanderson Hamonic
Chabot Jensen
Kleven JBD
What do you do with that? If Zub is going to be in and out of the lineup could you put Jensen with Sandy for the top pair. Keep Kleven and Hamonic together because they have time together this year already. Then run Chabot with JBD because they have played together over the last few years. ???

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thanks.

That's Green helping his former bud, I think. That will have to change if this team is to get better on D and make the playoffs. We need to pick up someone competent via UFA, waivers or trade.

Oh well, we have 4 points out of a potential 6 points after 3 games and thus are trending to get in to the playoffs, but that can change in a game or two at this early stage of the season.

If we manage to have 12 points after 10 games, we will be trending to get into the playoffs and almost everyone here will be happy (but not ecstatic).

The team played very well against Florida in the first game and then stunk in the Montreal game and could not generate sufficient offence nor play defense well enough. Then in game 3, the offence was great but the defense sucked. If that type of play continues, we will not make the playoffs.
BS
This is the best way to pair them with zub out imo

Sandy has experience with hamonic and cohabit needs the most help.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I was sticking up for Hamonic this summer, but once again, he's having to play way too high up the lineup, which imo is the bigger issue with him. 3rd pair is fine, playing up with Sandy is tough.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What do you do with that? If Zub is going to be in and out of the lineup could you put Jensen with Sandy for the top pair. Keep Kleven and Hamonic together because they have time together this year already. Then run Chabot with JBD because they have played together over the last few years. ???
I actually like the pairings. Jensen should just be glued to Chabot, build some chemistry and allow Chabot to deploy his wings again. Sandy has the IQ and skating to cover for Hamonic's deficiencies. Kleven will need to get used to playing with JBD anyway, as ideally once Zub is back we should see JBD playing over Hamonic more and more. Kleven and JBD might also have some experience playing together in NoDak?

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I actually like the pairings. Jensen should just be glued to Chabot, build some chemistry and allow Chabot to deploy his wings again. Sandy has the IQ and skating to cover for Hamonic's deficiencies. Kleven will need to get used to playing with JBD anyway, as ideally once Zub is back we should see JBD playing over Hamonic more and more. Kleven and JBD might also have some experience playing together in NoDak?
Fair. I think NoDak kids played on different pairings though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think we could change them but with Hamonic and JBD in there is no sure fire gonna work pairs

Sandy can carry a weaker partner better than anyone
JBD beside Kleven is little or no drop off imo
Chabot Jensen remains

I would like to see Kleven with Jensen but .. I'll leave it to the Pro coaches on this one as to how they reasoned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad