GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Bruins fan here. Happy for Linus. Take good care of him. He's a gem of a human. Good win!
Thank you. Also happy to see Kasty potted 2 for you against Montreal, congrats on your win.

Linus is getting lots of love from the fans, already a fan favorite.

• Love
Reactions: Mione134

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Take good care of Ullmark, Sens. Guy is a gem of a goalie and a better human being.

Glad to see he had a good night!
Thank you Bruins fan. Also happy to see Kasty potted a couple of goals for you, he seems to be working out. Yes, Linus is getting lots of love, is already a fan favorite. So glad we have him for the next 5 years.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This isn't as stretch. He was dealing with an injury last year. If I recall, it was a wrist injury. That explains his lowered goal output.

I'm going to say 50+. He's too much of a game breaker. This is going to be the year, at least production wise, that he cements himself in the conversation with the top 10 forwards in the league. I don't see him getting to that McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon, Draisaitl type tier - but I could see him being in the mix with the dozen or so guys right below them who are all perceived to be franchise type producers.

The guy falls down a lot though.
If Stutzle scores 40-50 goals this season he can fall down as much as he wants as long as it is not causing goals against. :)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The cap is going up $4M next year and likely another $4M the following year. I doubt Forsy will be here next year so that will help offset Ullmark's increase. G, if he stays, will probably get less than his current $6.5M so that will help to pay for Pinto when his contract comes up in 2 years. I don't see Riddler getting a huge raise. I think Kleven will also need a raise. I guess the amount will depend on his play this year. I think they'll be fine as most of the players currently in the line-up are locked up for next year except for G, Cousins and Gregor.
Hot (and unpopular) take: I hope they don't bring back Giroux. Nothing against him, but I think Father Time has come for the Claudefather. He has disappeared since the second half of last year, so my opinion is not just based on this first game.

Halliday working out as a top 6 for us next year would be a very pleasant miracle.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
This fan base, or at least the ones on HF, is quickly becoming insufferable.

Last night, we beat the defending champs and one of the best teams in the league and people are still being pissy!!??

The Sens started off dominating play and built up a lead. Then Florida stormed back and played really well.

However, the defence blocked alot of shots, limited high danger opportunities and Ullmark carried the day.

How the f*** do you think beating top teams is going to happen? All our players are going to outshine all their players? 82 straight 10 nothing wins with a 75-25 corsi advantage?

The only take away from last night should be
that this team looks more well rounded, Stutzle wrist is good enough for him to score 40 and Ullmark is a stud. The rest is TBD but trending in the right direction.
Wow. That seem like an over reaction. People are saying they got hemmed in their own end a fair bit in the 2nd & 3rd periods which is a valid point. I guess that could be some people’s definition of “being pissy”, but that seems kind of extreme. I’ve been reading through the thread and most seem to feel that the Senators deserved to win. I don’t think people are expecting a perfect game and total domination over the Cup champion Panthers. That seems like an exaggerated conclusion. Its a question of balance I suppose. Not all things or opinions are totally black or white. There’s some grey as well.

Reactions: DrEasy

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
They made a big point of it when it happened after the anthems. Showed Matthew with a big smirk on his face.
That's not what I saw. At first, he didn't know what they're were chanting. When he realized what they were saying, he burst out laughing. I didn't see any smirking. I don't think he has a problem with Sens fans liking Brady more than him and letting him know. They are brothers after all, and close.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hot (and unpopular) take: I hope they don't bring back Giroux. Nothing against him, but I think Father Time has come for the Claudefather. He has disappeared since the second half of last year, so my opinion is not just based on this first game.

Halliday working out as a top 6 for us next year would be a very pleasant miracle.
If Giroux decides to retire or the team decides not to sign him, that would free up $6.5M caphit to spend to acquire someone else.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Thank you. Also happy to see Kasty potted 2 for you against Montreal, congrats on your win.

Linus is getting lots of love from the fans, already a fan favorite.
I'll be watching more Sens games now.

As a Bruins fan, I've never hated you guys. I hope this season goes well. It's been awhile for you all. Wishing y'all success in the upcoming season.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I won on the moneyline; I won on sens -1.5. I won Sanderson point, Sanderson assist, Sanderson pp point, stu goal, stu pp point, stu point, Norris pp point, Norris point. I also won 2 parlays, including a same-game parlay with a Sens win, a Sanderson assist, a Norris point, and a stu point. I also won a four-game parlay with Sens, Boston, St. Louis, and Kings.

I lost all my other bets but profited around 1800.

I also want to make sure I say I put no thought into what I was doing and just purely gambled like an idiot. Don't do what I did and gambling is stupid
So, are we all going out for a free dinner on you?

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
That's not what I saw. At first, he didn't know what they're were chanting. When he realized what they were saying, he burst out laughing. I didn't see any smirking. I don't think he has a problem with Sens fans liking Brady more than him and letting him know. They are brothers after all, and close.

My impression was that he seemed rather amused by the whole situation.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Fantastic win against the best forecheck in the league.
It's game one! If you don't sit still and stop fcking about, I WILL turn this board around and we all go home. No more cottages, Ferraris or Prom Queens. Is that what you want? Does that make you happy? (Adjusts the rearview mirror to be able to glare at everybody) Relax. NOW!
Agreed, no more Ferrari’s and cottages.

But the prom queen stays.

We need a mod to kill the live thread about 2 hours post game.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
It definitely gives our players more confidence to play, learn and make a few mistakes. Last year, every mistake was ending up in our net. In order for this team to learn and grow into a playoff team, we need to be able to make those mistakes without it costing our players their confidence.
When they lose confidence, then it just starts a spiral of self doubt that is hard to get out of.
Also, the more confident they are with their current style of play (more D minded), the less likely they'll revert back to their old, bad habits. This style of hockey is foreign to many of our core. It'll take awhile before it becomes 2nd nature. Then the coaches can focus on how to get out of our zone cleanly. I think if they're bombarded with too much info all at once, it will result in overthinking. Stu even talked about it during pre-season how he was thinking on what to do in the game.

I would like to see some more creativity on the PP. I know they scored on the 1st one, but the remaining were predictable and easy to defend. Regarding Stu's goal, he moved to the middle of the ice to shoot. I guess they put him on his off-side so that Norris can be on the other side. I'd move Norris to the 2nd PP as I think Stu will have more success, at least until Norris gets back to scoring form. We do have a lot of talent, but so many of them are left shots, it makes their PP less lethal. But what do I know?

Great game, looking forward to tomorrow night.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
From a Bruins fan...Nice win! I love Linus! We have ST next to the Bs backup net minder and he was nice to me.

Good Luck this season. I hope you guys do well!

Thank you. We love him too. I see Kasty potted 2 last night, glad to see he's fitting in nicely with your group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad