GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We need another competent D; Hamonic is not it; JBD is not it. Kleven gets a pass as a rookie; he will get better.
It was our first game of the season versus the stanley cup champs who it was their 2nd game so all and all it was a very good effort. I just happy we won the game.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Does Norris look incredibly timid to anyone else or just me? Looks hesitant in every puck and board battle like he doesn't want to hurt himself.

That being said could just be me projecting my worries onto him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Florida is the best team in the league and we are not in their league yet. But that’s why we got Ullmark. To pull out those wins.
Ullmark is great but there are some others on this team that need to improve their game. The 2nd and 3rd period collapsing by the Fs was not playoff hockey. Lost of coaching required to rectify the shitty play.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The Sens did break down; fortunately Ullmark saved the day.
Ullmark is part of the team isn't he??? We just won a game versus a better team then us and still you're not happy, my God what would make you happy an 8-0 win with the Sens outshooting the other team 50-10??? You're very hard to please buddy Lol

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Honestly it's when we sit back and let them come at us that gives me ptsd.

Time and again in that game we sat behind the net waiting for both teams to change and didn't skate the puck out of our zone which led to getting hemmed in.

If it's 5v5 attack the effing puck carrier as well.

Thankfully linus kept us in that one, but we need to be waaaaay more aggressive.
Next time leave the baby at home brady

Reactions: DrEasy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
First game of the year, gotta expect guys to make some mistakes as they get their timing back. Extra tough opponent who already played a game, too. I didn't like the volume of stupid giveaways but I'm waiting to see a bunch more games before any alarms start to ring. Gotta give them time to get things straightened out.

Reactions: albator71

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Chabot also had a very rocky 3rd. Several times just couldn't cut it. Cannot have that at all from one of our best D's.

If we want to make serious noise(playoffs) then Sanderson AND Chabot need to both play like number 1/top pairing Dmen

Agree I didn't like Chabot's decision making there in the 3rd. He's not going to have the excuse of playing too much so he has to be better than he's shown so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad