GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We were slow moving the puck against their forecheck in the 2nd and 3rd, I think that will improve as they get used to the system and know where that first pass option is instinctively.

Florida is the defending champs for a reason, they really put the pressure on us.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Confidence builder.

Ullmark dominated behind the team when they were structured and when they broke down.

Stanley Cup Champions who were clearly pouring it on in that third period after it was a shared stinker.

I think the take away - this Hamonic-Kleven partnership needs to be seriously scrutinized. Kleven runs around too much and Hamonic seems to be way too passive.

Sanderson-Zub was great.

Stutzle strong start and finish. It's great to see from such a young player especially when older players were floating.

First period good
Second period bad
Third period the Stanley Cup champs poured it on but we looked better and won more battles than we did in second.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Good:

- Ullmark was a monster
- Stutzle game-breaking goalscoring
- The Zub-Sanderson pair gave up nothing

Bad:
- Chabot
- Tkachuk was invisible outside of the lob to Stutzle for the empty-netter
- Where was Giroux?

Overall a very solid game against the Cup champs. I don't think the team gave up a single odd-man rush?

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Just me or team looked meh 5 on 5? Felt like they were in our zone a lot.

Then again they kept them on the outside and dont wanna be negative just saying.

Feel like with Korpisalo or Forsberg we get blown out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad