GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ullmark and Stutzle were brilliant, good debut by Kleven against the class of NHL, liked Jensen’s debut as well. They need to keep going like they did in the first period, every period. Period.

What a great win, Ullmark is a showstopper.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ullmark was fantastic.

Stutzle was very good.

Sanderson was excellent, big season from him. The 3rd line was our best line.

Gotta see more from Brady Tkachuk, especially against a team like Florida where they were just using their body and puck protection beautifully.

But this was a very good win against defending cup champs. Very good win. We kept almost everything to the outside the entire game, one can't really complain about that at all.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Need more from Giroux and Batherson. Brady was okay, had 5 shots, but when we are playing a good, tough physical team, he can't only have 1 hit all game.

Reactions: DrEasy

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Beyond Ullmark being lights out another reason why you shouldn't feel gloom is because the Sens were clearly the better team for the first half. Yeah the Panthers were dangerous af in the second, but I'm sure the Sens will learn and play a more complete game.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Just me or team looked meh 5 on 5? Felt like they were in our zone a lot.

Then again they kept them on the outside and dont wanna be negative just saying.

Feel like with Korpisalo or Forsberg we get blown out
Absolutely, but it's also valid to recognize that we're a borderline playoff team, and they're the defending cup champions. They had up us against the wall, but we found a way to win.

But yes. Definitely still work to be done. Need to build on that one solid period.

Reactions: DrEasy and Rodzilla

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ullmark and Stutzle were brilliant, good debut by Kleven against the class of NHL, liked Jensen’s debut as well. They need to keep going like they did in the first period, every period. Period.

What a great win, Ullmark is a showstopper.
We need another competent D; Hamonic is not it; JBD is not it. Kleven gets a pass as a rookie; he will get better.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
When you have goaltending like Linus gave us tonight you win hockey games folks!

Stu was amazing LFG!!!
Seriously had a bit of a tear in my eye watching him come out and talk to the fans after receiving first star. Gushing over Ullmark, honestly.
I thought both Pinto and Norris made some strong defensive plays throughout the game. Nice to have that center depth.
Norris is really coming along. I'd say once he has a goal, things will open up for him. His forecheck and back check have been solid.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
We were slow moving the puck against their forecheck in the 2nd and 3rd, I think that will improve as they get used to the system and know where that first pass option is instinctively.

Florida is the defending champs for a reason, they really put the pressure on us.
We also made some great neutral zone turnovers against the Panthers, so it was progress.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously had a bit of a tear in my eye watching him come out and talk to the fans after receiving first star. Gushing over Ullmark, honestly.

Norris is really coming along. I'd say once he has a goal, things will open up for him. His forecheck and back check have been solid.
Norris obviously is playing better than at the start of last season; it will take some time for him to shake off the rust, feel good about his shoulder, and get some reps in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad