GDT: Game #1 of 82: Blues @ Avs - 8pm CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
GUTTED out a win that they deserved. These are games the Blues would’ve lost last year. Say what you want, but they showed some composure after getting gifted a second chance by that kicked in goal

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Dallas committed to Esa Lindell for the exact same thing with less physicality for $5.8 million until hockey eternity.

I think we all hate that little goober, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that his isn't better defensively than everyone we have on the left side. As much as it pains me to say it. Saying our guy is more physical than Lindell is kinda like a Stars fan saying that their defenders are more fleet of foot than Bortz. A low bar.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I have to say I don't understand why it was disallowed. I mean, yes, a kick, I can completely buy it. But the puck wasn't in before it was directed in _AFTER_ the other skate touched to puck.

If you bat it in with your hand or a high stick and it touches something else first, it's still disallowed. He kicked it at the net. The fact that it nicked his other skate as it crossed the line is the same thing.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
They outshot and out chanced us 5 on 5. That's a problem considering the lineup.

Eh. The Blues relaxed after they were up a couple goals and it was the first game of the season. I'd prefer for them not to sit back, but I don't think anybody's played a first game of the season that can't be improved on bigtime. Colorado was dismantling Chicago early in their first game and sat back and let Chicago back into the game. It happens.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
I liked Walman's game.
I didn't. He skates well but at as soon as he gets past the red line into the O-Zone his sole thought when he has the puck is "I'm a-firin my laser!"

Dude's the equivalent of a 90 speed, 25 offensive IQ guy in old school NHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad