GDT: Game #1 of 82: Blues @ Avs - 8pm CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I didn't. He skates well but at as soon as he gets past the red line into the O-Zone his sole thought when he has the puck is "I'm a-firin my laser!"

Dude's the equivalent of a 90 speed, 25 offensive IQ guy in old school NHL games.

He made a couple of nice defensive plays and he didn't get hemmed in his own zone. That's what I want from a bottom pairing defenseman.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
If you bat it in with your hand or a high stick and it touches something else first, it's still disallowed. He kicked it at the net. The fact that it nicked his other skate as it crossed the line is the same thing.

Ok, I didn't know the rule then.

I can accept it was disallowed, although I really couldn't have argued it seriously the other way either.

Anyway Blues was the better team in this game, they deserved the win.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’d rather have a physical 2 way player that plays his ass off than Tarasenko. I’m done with his lazy ass. No wonder nobody wanted him.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
I think we all hate that little goober, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that his isn't better defensively than everyone we have on the left side. As much as it pains me to say it. Saying our guy is more physical than Lindell is kinda like a Stars fan saying that their defenders are more fleet of foot than Bortz. A low bar.
As a cap team, would you rather have Lindell at 5.8, or Scandella at 3.275?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

I can accept it was disallowed, although I really couldn't have argued it seriously the other way either.

I'm not pulling up the rulebook, but what they called is just how I've seen it interpreted in the past.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I didn't. He skates well but at as soon as he gets past the red line into the O-Zone his sole thought when he has the puck is "I'm a-firin my laser!"

Dude's the equivalent of a 90 speed, 25 offensive IQ guy in old school NHL games.
i did not notice him all game

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Eh. The Blues relaxed after they were up a couple goals and it was the first game of the season. I'd prefer for them not to sit back, but I don't think anybody's played a first game of the season that can't be improved on bigtime. Colorado was dismantling Chicago early in their first game and sat back and let Chicago back into the game. It happens.

You're right that score effect does have something to do with it, but the push was on at the start of the second when the game was in reach. We were opportunistic and bailed out by Binnington a few times. It may not ultimately mean anything, but it's not really something you hope to see against a team that's essentially missing an entire first line.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I’d rather have a physical 2 way player that plays his ass off than Tarasenko. I’m done with his lazy ass. No wonder nobody wanted him.

If we can get defensive help for him, I'm fine with that.

Hopefully, he improves, but I'm open to that possibility now (as much as it pains me to say it, considering he's my favorite player). :nod:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

A goal doesn't count if it's deflected off any player, goalie, or official after it's been kicked by an attacking player.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
He made a couple of nice defensive plays and he didn't get hemmed in his own zone. That's what I want from a bottom pairing defenseman.
Keep watching. He has tools but he's not exactly clever. He might be our best 3rd LD option still, because Mikkola is clueless too.

If he's going to play there, let him please stop booming goofy point shots when no one is in position for a rebound.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Keep watching. He has tools but he's not exactly clever. He might be our best 3rd LD option still, because Mikkola is clueless too.

If he's going to play there, let him please stop booming goofy point shots when no one is in position for a rebound.

"Keep watching." I know what Walman is. I'm talking about this, specific game, not some theoretical character sheet for him or a projection for a 25 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad