GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 10/11/23- 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690: Season Opener

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well I hope I don't ruffle too many feathers but I gotta say it. Re: Slavkovsky.

The kid continues to play scared out there, he is nervous and thinking too damn much. In the defensive zone he is always turning his head around as and wondering if he is in the right spot all the damn time, in the offensive end he is simply standing around like a statue most of the time trying to make sure he is in a good spot while the rest of his line does all the work but when he gets the puck eventually ( and it's starting to look that guys don't trust to give it to him) the puck usually quickly dies on his stick. He seems so wrapped up with nerves that he is just hoping the puck comes to him and he can score a goal and keep the heat off him from the press and fans for one more day, he clearly doesn't believe he is good enough for this league right now and it shows. Offensively he is playing like a guy whose head is all over the place and afraid of making mistakes and so he can do little with any conviction.

He needs to figure out that he needs to get INVOLVED out there, not stand around waiting for the play to come to him but for him to actively go towards the play and get his nose dirty, screw the one timer goal from the outside pretty stuff..................get after the puck!! get after the game!! You're a big boy, a man child with some skill.................use it!! he needs to start being a player out there and a guy who helps his line and his team by being effective and making things happen even f it is not him scoring the goals and he will feel better abut himself and show himself he can play in this league. The rest will come if he can just get comfortable and not have the weight of the universe on his shoulders anymore, only one way to do that when you're a young kid struggling..........................get after it!!

Coaches and players gotta talk to this kid to get moving out there and fight for the puck, want the puck, move your feet, get physically engaged so you become comfortable and then your natural hockey playing instincts and skill start to dial in.

I'm a patient guy but he's a first overall, we need him to star showing more even if it's his second season
he needs to be in the AHL

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
change the lines
put RHP-Monahan-Ylonen
Pezetta/Pearson-Evans-Gallagher

Monahan about end up at Pinel
Gallagher will get demoted to the 4th in time. I suppose they have to give him his shot first and then drop him down. I'm good with that. Pearson probably gets the 3rd all year so we can try flip him at the deadline.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
do you think Reaves lets up or doubles down now that X is out of the game?

we killed the penalty, which is good. We play more than 1/2 the game down a dman, that's bad.

the best physically imposing players that are also more than 4th line scrubs understand how to pick their spots a bit better.

Only message sent by him is that he's easy/quick to set off. That'll only invite more runs like that in teh games ahead, not minimize them
Problem is reeves should have been ejected for hit from behind. Jackeye stood up for his team mate. Its needed and far over due for the habs. This game should be under review by the league for that hit and subsequent terrible reffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad