GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 10/11/23- 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690: Season Opener

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Decent period by powerdonkey
b_o_e_y_a_donkey_standing_in_middle_of_a_hockey_rink_hockey_gam_67c10972-cd9a-4074-9fec-89befd...png

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
change the lines
put RHP-Monahan-Ylonen
Pezetta/Pearson-Evans-Gallagher

Monahan about end up at Pinel
i don't disagree, but also won't be surprised if they only tinker a bit to start the season... lots of new faces in a group that was injury ravaged last year. Some consistency and continuity could be of value and desired.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Good to have hockey back and the team looked good in the first period against what's supposed to be one of the better teams. Still work to do but looks decent so far.

Still not sure about Newhook. Haven't seen anything from him tonight or in pre-season that has stood out. It's early though. Hope it comes soon.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Leafs are announcing their new goal song when the Leafs are going to score. I can't imagine the loser goal song those guys will come up with lolololololol

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why is Pearson getting a spot in the lineup ? Why is Gallagher still on the team ?
Gallagher is there because there is absolutely no way to get rid of him.

Why is Pearson getting a spot in the lineup ? Why is Gallagher still on the team ?
Gallagher is there because there is absolutely no way to get rid of him.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
We need to bite the bullet and either convince Gally to go on LTIR or waive him.

Unfortunately, he's just too slow nowadays, which is a terrible combination given he can't PK and is too small to be effective at 5v5.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well I hope I don't ruffle too many feathers but I gotta say it. Re: Slavkovsky.

The kid continues to play scared out there, he is nervous and thinking too damn much. In the defensive zone he is always turning his head around as and wondering if he is in the right spot all the damn time, in the offensive end he is simply standing around like a statue most of the time trying to make sure he is in a good spot while the rest of his line does all the work but when he gets the puck eventually ( and it's starting to look that guys don't trust to give it to him) the puck usually quickly dies on his stick. He seems so wrapped up with nerves that he is just hoping the puck comes to him and he can score a goal and keep the heat off him from the press and fans for one more day, he clearly doesn't believe he is good enough for this league right now and it shows. Offensively he is playing like a guy whose head is all over the place and afraid of making mistakes and so he can do little with any conviction.

He needs to figure out that he needs to get INVOLVED out there, not stand around waiting for the play to come to him but for him to actively go towards the play and get his nose dirty, screw the one timer goal from the outside pretty stuff..................get after the puck!! get after the game!! You're a big boy, a man child with some skill.................use it!! he needs to start being a player out there and a guy who helps his line and his team by being effective and making things happen even f it is not him scoring the goals and he will feel better abut himself and show himself he can play in this league. The rest will come if he can just get comfortable and not have the weight of the universe on his shoulders anymore, only one way to do that when you're a young kid struggling..........................get after it!!

Coaches and players gotta talk to this kid to get moving out there and fight for the puck, want the puck, move your feet, get physically engaged so you become comfortable and then your natural hockey playing instincts and skill start to dial in.

I'm a patient guy but he's a first overall, we need him to star showing more even if it's his second season

• Haha
Reactions: Goldenhands
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad