GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 10/11/23- 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690: Season Opener

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
I like what i see. All i ask is that they keep up the enthusiasm/tempo and the goals will come. Slaf was noticeable but he needs to be more assertive.

i really think itll all come together as soon as he gets his man strength, he’s just a tall, skilled kid still

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
very good period. Lot's to like about the positioning, communication and assertiveness we're seeing from all 4 lines.

Suzuki is so damn good... created two good scoring chances for himself, set up two good scoring chances for linemates, made at least 1 direct steal and caused a couple of turnovers. He plays such sound, effective hockey.
Very good on the dot so far.

Reactions: Miller Time

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Cruel to make an evaluation in such small increments. I’ll do it anyways: 6/10. He needs to make things happen.

There will be good and bad moments. As long as the good outweighs the bad, there’s no problem to having him here.

He did have the right idea in mind but was just too late on the plays.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Guhle played the least of all D in the period. Ridiculous handling from St louis. Hes your best D.
maybe he isn't completely comfortable after that big hit . A lot of people would get seriously injured by it

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Did Jackeye and Reaves actually fight it just feeling each other out ? Not able to see the game this evening

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I feel bad for Monahan. He had a strong first, but he’s doing too much work on his line.

He even body blocked a Leaf player behind the net when Allen mishandled the puck and saved a good scoring chance.

He’ll end up injured quickly if he has to cover that much ice because wingers can’t help him.

It’s one period, but Gallagher looks like Gallagher and Pearson honestly can’t win battles like Armia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad