GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 10/11/23- 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690: Season Opener

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Wifi isn’t only a fighter. Don’t fight Reeves he’s a lower bum. He has more to add than reeves success wise

Good don’t give him that. He’s a scrub
💯 % that the fight happens tonight. No way it doesn't. Season opener for Reaves on a new team playing against a kid with a pretty rugged reputation.

I just want the kids to improve this year. Please...
I would love to see a 15-17 goal season from Slaf and for Guhle to play all 82 games.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
8275h3.jpg

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Wifi isn’t only a fighter. Don’t fight Reeves he’s a lower bum. He has more to add than reeves success wise

Good don’t give him that. He’s a scrub
I see it the same way, Arber does not have to do anything to appease Reeves or Sportsnet.

A natural fight in the heat of battle, sure, but just because they have a new heavyweight, BFD, that's for them to worry about. I mean Reeves was forgettable agains the Habs during the Vegas series a few years ago cause there was no one to fight and only hockey to be played.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
💯 % that the fight happens tonight. No way it doesn't. Season opener for Reaves on a new team playing against a kid with a pretty rugged reputation.

I would love to see a 15-17 goal season from Slaf and for Guhle to play all 82 games.
For Reaves is supposed to happen but not for xhekaj. He has nothing to prove and shouldn’t give Reaves to chance to fire his team up or to give him satisfaction. I just think it’s stupid

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Just being able to watch a habs game with no Hoffman or Armia is going to be such a treat, no matter what the final score is....

One thing for sure, line-up is a lot less depressing this year than the one we had to start game #1 against the Leafs last year.

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Dach - Monahan - Hoffman
Dadonov - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pitlick - Evans - Slafkovsky

Guhle - Savard
Harris - Kovacevic
Xhekaj - Wideman

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
It's very rare that Habs play the first game of the season at home, is there any good reason for that ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't disagree with you. Xhekaj is good enough to play on the 2nd PP unit shouldn't fight a guy who might play 8 minutes.
Getting X in the box is an advantage for the Leafs since it would force the Habs to play with 5D whereas it’d just be an inconsequential player in the box for them.

If X gets involved, it needs to matter and not be staged. I’d prefer X sticks to hockey but as you inferred earlier, the stage may just favor a tilt to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad