GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings | 10/14/2022 | 7 PM ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
demoted to Chicago's forum.
well-that-seemed-b702ba4271.jpg

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What the actual f***? If you've seen the future what in the holy hell are you doing on HFboards?

I've seen how Erne has been shining at pre-season and is a good fit on lower lines, when Zadina is not.

Erne already took a chance on new opportunity, and Zadina is still struggling. New opportunity or old coach, same guy is struggling.

It's not Lalonde doing any moronic things. It was Zadina himself, pre-season was time to shine, and he didn't, regressed when more players got better than him. Lalonde makes the decision based on current effort.

That's the future.

Reactions: Hinterland

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I mean, it's 1 game. And it's a long season. "Horrible asset management" is a little strong. Zadina still needs to show he's a top-12 forward to play regularly.
It’s not, Erne is a horrible player. He had a corsi of 44% last year. Zadina as underwhelming as he is brings so much more to the team. You say 1 game but it’s not like zadina got scratched in game 57, it’s the season opener. It’s a big deal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It’s not, Erne is a horrible player. He had a corsi of 44% last year.

Zadina as underwhelming as he is brings so much more to the team. You say 1 game but it’s not like zadina got scratched in game 57, it’s the season opener. It’s a big deal.

Erne had 54.5% pre-season Corsi. Erne xGF% was 64.0%.
Zadina had 45.7% pre-season Corsi. Zadina xGF% was 51.6%.

Horrible player is outplaying the worse player.

Zadina does not really bring anything significant on this team, because PP slots are already filled with better fowards. Raymond, Larkin, Perron, Bertuzzi, Vrana, Kubalik, Söderblom, Rasmussen.

Erne gives a PK player, which Zadina isn't either. Copp-Larkin, Rasmussen-Sundqvist, Veleno-Erne at PK.

Erne is outplaying him and is more usable role player. It's a pity for Zadina, but we are better hockeyteam as a whole with Erne.

Just true common sense facts.

Greatest Yzerman move would be trading Zadina for a better role player than Erne. Then we could replace them both, and have a better team without either.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Greatest Yzerman move would be trade Zadina for a better role player than Erne. Then we could replace them both, and have a better team without either.

I approve of this message.

Who would you rank amongst the best 3rd/4th line wings in the NHL?

Blake Coleman is up there as a top tier 3W, though he is overpaid by about 1.5 million.

Dennis Gurianov could be a decent 3rd line wing for Detroit.
Ivan Barbashev is a guy I would have said to get if not for his 60 point season last year. Plus I think that Berube would make Zadina cry.
Martin Necas has upside. I'd love to see him setting up someone like Vrana.

Who else should we look at as potential 3rd line rockstars?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
It’s not, Erne is a horrible player. He had a corsi of 44% last year. Zadina as underwhelming as he is brings so much more to the team. You say 1 game but it’s not like zadina got scratched in game 57, it’s the season opener. It’s a big deal.
No, it’s really not a big deal, it’s one game. Has he been ruled out for all 82? Or even for game 2? No? Then it’s one game.

Both him and Erne are mediocre hockey players. Even if certain numbers show Zadina was better last season, a) that was last season (and Ernie’s best hockey is better than Zadina’s), and b) it’s just not an appreciable difference. In the end, they’ll both get their opportunities to show they belong, and they’ll both probably be healthy scratched multiple times. To date, neither deserve anything better.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Fully expecting Erne to play well in the first few games then never make an impact again.
Nah, he’s going into a contract year at 27 with probably his best(and last) chance at getting a bloated multi-year deal. He’s going to have a career year, net the Wings something nice at the deadline and then get overpaid by some crap franchise in free agency.

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
Any team that has Lindstrom starting on their defense is going to be a team that struggles. Plain and simple.

Reactions: 14ari13

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Zadina deserves a spot in Ogee’s trebuchet next to Hronek and Erne. All of them need to be offloaded for whatever we can get for them so we can get Aland Berg up here and lock in Joey V and Elmer as full time and not rotating in the press box

• Love
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad