GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wow, enjoy the "bonus" summer

I kinda got screwed this summer. I went to michigan and Illinois for the 3rd week of August and it was unseasonably cool. Then I came back home to vancouver and it was damp and cool. Aside from a couple days afterwards, it has held like summer ended in mid August for me.

What a rip off.
The golf season is coming to the end... i am not impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just came back from the game. My two cents:
  • Hutson is the only player that started distinguishing himself for NHL consideration this year. He was often well covered. 2-3 guys with limited options to pass.on defence, he needs a strong man to help him when he gets beat against the wall.
  • Mailloux’s timing is off for everything. His passes. His hits. Even his shots. He would wait and then shoot into traffic. But he had the right idea just couldn’t execute. I’d like to see how he plays tomorrow before judging.
  • Heineman- I wanted to see more from him. He was clearly stronger and used his great shot but he didn’t overpower anyone on his way to the net and couldn’t break coverage well. He’s got what it takes but If he doesn’t get his act together soon, he might get labeled an AHL top talent.
  • Beck- was always in the mix but prob 50/50 in his puck battles and execution. Again, too early for judgement for him and everyone but some time in the AHL this year could do him Good I think
  • Mesar- Sven Andrighetto 2.0. I’ve seen this story before. Hope the AHL helps him develop those skills.
  • Thorpe, Tuch, Xhakej- I place those guys together cause they all have similar dispositions and skills. I like what I see in all three of these guys. They will be a hard line to play against in the AHL they all look like men out there. Pushing around players. Hurting. Making space for themselves. Could definetly see them get some 4th line minutes in the big club this year.
  • Reinbacher- was noticeably fast. His defence was strong and he had a good poke check but Had to cover for Engstrom a lot. Seems to be getting comfortable moving the puck up.
  • Engstrom- he might be the next Josh Georges. Should cook a bit in the AHL

This is exactly what I saw as well. Bang on on Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher.

Reactions: dinodebino

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Wow, enjoy the "bonus" summer

I kinda got screwed this summer. I went to michigan and Illinois for the 3rd week of August and it was unseasonably cool. Then I came back home to vancouver and it was damp and cool. Aside from a couple days afterwards, it has held like summer ended in mid August for me.

What a rip off.
sorry man
:(
yeah we've been having outstanding weather which will continue for at least the next 10 days...27+ until Thursday

What was the score?
4-3 Toronto ending in the SO

Reactions: Strat

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
My favourite thing about this is the lead up to the fight.

The Leafs player gave him the tiniest of a face wash and Xhekaj started popping him lol.

I wonder if someone said something to him because he didn't mix it up after the whistle as much afterwards.
I'm pretty sure they did. Arber was on spittin chiclets recently telling a story of florian fighting 3X in a game and the staff basically telling him he to cool off.

Kid is a powder-keg but in the AHL he's going to have to learn to protect himself and not be all offence with the gloves off in a league known for fighting and established tough guys.

Reactions: Canadienna

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Just came back from the game. My two cents:
  • Hutson is the only player that started distinguishing himself for NHL consideration this year. He was often well covered. 2-3 guys with limited options to pass.on defence, he needs a strong man to help him when he gets beat against the wall.
  • Mailloux’s timing is off for everything. His passes. His hits. Even his shots. He would wait and then shoot into traffic. But he had the right idea just couldn’t execute. I’d like to see how he plays tomorrow before judging.
  • Heineman- I wanted to see more from him. He was clearly stronger and used his great shot but he didn’t overpower anyone on his way to the net and couldn’t break coverage well. He’s got what it takes but If he doesn’t get his act together soon, he might get labeled an AHL top talent.
  • Beck- was always in the mix but prob 50/50 in his puck battles and execution. Again, too early for judgement for him and everyone but some time in the AHL this year could do him Good I think
  • Mesar- Sven Andrighetto 2.0. I’ve seen this story before. Hope the AHL helps him develop those skills.
  • Thorpe, Tuch, Xhakej- I place those guys together cause they all have similar dispositions and skills. I like what I see in all three of these guys. They will be a hard line to play against in the AHL they all look like men out there. Pushing around players. Hurting. Making space for themselves. Could definetly see them get some 4th line minutes in the big club this year.
  • Reinbacher- was noticeably fast. His defence was strong and he had a good poke check but Had to cover for Engstrom a lot. Seems to be getting comfortable moving the puck up.
  • Engstrom- he might be the next Josh Georges. Should cook a bit in the AHL
Agreed for most part outside of the last 2 points. I felt like Engstrom was covering for Reinbacher most of the game and the was the most dynamic player on the team after you know who. He's not a Josh Gorges type of player at all. He's a solid transition defenceman with a crisp 1st pass.

Also Thorpe is heading to the WHL, he's not playing in the AHL next season.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Still can't believe we picked him over Lambert and Kulich, Even Lamoureux would have been a better pick.
That pick is going to piss me off for a long time because like everyone is (now 🙄) saying, it was an ill advised pick from the very start. There’s so many good players that we could’ve had at that spot, which isn’t always the case - Lamoureux, Kulich, Lambert, Firkus, Howard. Probably not all of those guys will pan out, but it’s pretty obvious at this point that Mesar is a dud and worse than all of them. I and a few others on here were saying so since the pick was made, and it’s not surprising when you think about it; he’s a small, soft, perimeter winger who lacks speed and acceleration, or any high end attributes at all, tbh.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Reinbacher not standing out as the absolute best player on our side is concerning.

By the sounds of it, he was clearly behind both Mailloux and Hutson in terms of performance among the D, and in the mix with Engstrom for 3rd behind the other two. Considering where he was drafted and who we passed on to select him, that’s not good, at all.

Some are saying that he was covering for Engstrom all game as the reason for his lacklustre showing, others are saying it’s the other way around. What’s the real story? Either way, he clearly didn’t distinguish himself enough with his play, by the sounds of it.

It’s one game that though, so we’ll see. Hopefully he cranks it up from here on out.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Guys, I think Reinbacher will be fine.

Drafting him was a mistake because of the position the team was in, aka no superstar talent meaning only the occasional Cinderella run can come out of it, but as a player he will be fine and very useful.

Drafting Demidov helps fixing that a little but it was pure luck, not good planing.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Some defensemen take a few ye---

Reinbacher would be the #1 Dman on the leafs roster right now.
HRI7zad.png

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I genuinely believe he could make the team out of camp ahead of Barron and Mailloux.

He already plays a mature game and has, in my humble opinion, obvious defensive NHL skill.
Agreed. Many expect flash to consider defence men really good. It’s just not the case. Reinbacher plays. Straightforward game. Close gaps, kick off transition and is sneaky offensively pinching in. He’s not a dangler. He will be that 22+ minute a night D that will be a pain in the ass to play against with his skating and wingspan, covering for Hutson while he wows a crowd.

McDonough or even Jay Bouwmeester type

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Reinbacher not standing out as the absolute best player on our side is concerning.

By the sounds of it, he was clearly behind both Mailloux and Hutson in terms of performance among the D, and in the mix with Engstrom for 3rd behind the other two. Considering where he was drafted and who we passed on to select him, that’s not good, at all.

Some are saying that he was covering for Engstrom all game as the reason for his lacklustre showing, others are saying it’s the other way around. What’s the real story? Either way, he clearly didn’t distinguish himself enough with his play, by the sounds of it.

It’s one game that though, so we’ll see. Hopefully he cranks it up from here on out.
Don’t forget Reinbacher is the youngest of our top D prospects and already has two years pro. For those who watched today, Dr can play. He was solid. Wasn’t getting pinched in, turning pucks over, lost in his own end etc. He will be our top pairing guy with Hutson in two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad