GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
After their third rookie camp, im confident when i say Mesar, Farrell, Heineman are bust. No improvement in their game. No futur on this roster.
Mesar’s upside is Charles Hudon at this point, and it’s looking like he may not even reach those lofty heights lmao.

Farrell is skilled, but he’s just too small and buttery soft, and his skillset is not enough to overcome that. Looks like a top-six AHL guy in his prime.

Heineman always had bottom-six plug written all over him if he ever does make it, so I’m not too upset. We never had much there to begin with. He may end up an NHLer one day, but those type of players are available anytime via waivers, free agency, for a late pick, etc.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Like I said, it’s one game, but ideally, you’d want him to be our clear best player on the ice in a game like this, considering where he was picked, and with the 2 years of pro experience. He apparently wasn’t that. Thats all I’m saying.

We need this guy to pan out probably more than any other prospect. For me, he needs to at least become like say a Petry with better defensive ability for him to not be a disappointment - something like Roman Hamrlik, I guess.

What I’m really hoping for though, is a Ryan McDonagh/Alex Pietrangelo level defenseman, which pretty much means a borderline top 10 D in the league. At this point, that seems unlikely, based on what we’ve seen so far, so I really hope we at least get the solid top-4 D type of player I mentioned above.

'At this point that seems unlikely' -Garbageyuk after game 1 of a rookie showcase lol.

And you keep doubling and tripling down. Is this the next ReHabs situation? I could use the entertainment.

Dig your heels in on one game my brother I'm here for it.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Like I said, it’s one game, but ideally, you’d want him to be our clear best player on the ice in a game like this, considering where he was picked, and with the 2 years of pro experience. He apparently wasn’t that. Thats all I’m saying.

We need this guy to pan out probably more than any other prospect. For me, he needs to at least become like say a Petry with better defensive ability for him to not be a disappointment - something like Roman Hamrlik, I guess.

What I’m really hoping for though, is a Ryan McDonagh/Alex Pietrangelo level defenseman, which pretty much means a borderline top 10 D in the league. At this point, that seems unlikely, based on what we’ve seen so far, so I really hope we at least get the solid top-4 D type of player I mentioned above.

How old is he?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
'At this point that seems unlikely' -Garbageyuk after game 1 of a rookie showcase lol.

And you keep doubling and tripling down. Is this the next ReHabs situation? I could use the entertainment.

Dig your heels in on one game my brother I'm here for it.
Wtf are you even talking about lol? Yeah, it’s unlikely that he becomes a top 10 D in the league, always was. I’ll “double and triple down” on that all day long. That has nothing to do with this game. If you think that’s at all unreasonable, you need to come back to reality. Weird post.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Do you have any idea how much time I put into these old Sierra games back in the late 80's/early 90's ? Enough to know EXACTLY who that is right away 30 years later, that how much :laugh:

I feel ya :( my game addiction started via Poltergeist on the Commodore 64, years later Sierra ate years off of my life. Kings Quest, Police Quest, The Incredible Machine, Leisure Suit Larry!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Uh-oh...Reinbacher didn't score a hatty and he's already getting the heat after 1 prospect preseaon game.
A hundred times this
I really feel bad for him with some of these fans
People are expecting 2 goals 3 assists out of this guy every game just because '5th overall! 5th overall!'

And can't see what this guys actually going to bring to our DEFENSE the next 10 freaking years

Also, good for you Lane

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
A hundred times this
I really feel bad for him with some of these fans
People are expecting 2 goals 3 assists out of this guy every game just because '5th overall! 5th overall!'

And can't see what this guys actually going to bring to our DEFENSE the next 10 freaking years

Also, good for you Lane
People dissecting a rookie preseason game like it's brain surgery lol. Regular season can't start soon enough!!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Thrilling reading comprehension ability. Where did I say “we should be concerned”? I said “it’s concerning”, meaning for me, my opinion. I haven’t had a chance to watch this game yet, but I’m very familiar with the player, as everyone here is - he’s been in our system for 2 years. If you want to take issue with that, then by all means have at it, by yourself.

Did you notice the part of the post you quoted where I asked others for more information? Now also notice that someone has provided the information. Funny how that works.
:D

Authors have a responsibility to make their words comprehensible if they want them to be comprehended in a specific way. “It is” typically indicates a statement of fact. I think you could aim for “I find it concerning” or “I’m concerned that” or “___ is concerning to me”. There’s an aspect of nuance or subjectivity here no doubt, and I’m open to the possibility that you unintentionally communicated an insightful opinion poorly, but I’m pretty confident that’s not the case.

Squabbling about grammar aside, looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you watch the video. I thought he was hit and miss, but I don’t put much stock in loose plays and miscues in a game like this. This really isn’t the context where I’d expect him to shine. I think his defensive skill set is the best of the group, the tools are great, looks like he’s grown. I’d still take him over others drafted after him.

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Wtf are you even talking about lol? Yeah, it’s unlikely that he becomes a top 10 D in the league, always was. I’ll “double and triple down” on that all day long. That has nothing to do with this game. If you think that’s at all unreasonable, you need to come back to reality. Weird post.
Yes but you referred to d like Pieterangelo who has never been a top 10 d in the league and that he is very likely to be as good as.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
They expect Makar even though he was not drafted to be that. Fans just don't value all the things Reinbacher does on the ice because it doesn't make the highlight reel.

All that matters is every body on the coaching staff and on the ice values it.
Fans in general have associated top D with highlight reel offence. Unfortunately the Norris keeps supporting that. True hard to play every night shutdown D are very rare in the NHL as well just not flashy. When we start seeing very little of top stars because they have to face DR, hopefully those fans will start to put it together.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Unfortunatly I read too much of this thread. So much cookie tossing over a meaningless game.

I didn't like our forwards and was impressed with Hutson. Let's focus here, what we want out of this is for Rain, Hutson and Mailman to shine, Beck and Little Xwould be a bonus.

All else is noise.

Carry on....

• Haha
Reactions: bsl and SwiftyHab

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
:D

Authors have a responsibility to make their words comprehensible if they want them to be comprehended in a specific way. “It is” typically indicates a statement of fact. I think you could aim for “I find it concerning” or “I’m concerned that” or “___ is concerning to me”. There’s an aspect of nuance or subjectivity here no doubt, and I’m open to the possibility that you unintentionally communicated an insightful opinion poorly, but I’m pretty confident that’s the case.

Squabbling about grammar aside, looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you watch the video. I thought he was hit and miss, but I don’t put much stock in loose plays and miscues in a game like this. This really isn’t the context where I’d expect him to shine. I think his defensive skill set is the best of the group, the tools are great, looks like he’s grown. I’d still take him over others drafted after him.
I’m not going to argue semantics with you. It wasn’t “communicated poorly” because this place doesn’t require the standards you’re demanding. This is an online message board where people have casual discussions. We aren’t writing dissertations here. If it was unclear for you before, I have now clarified it for you - as a courtesy, especially since your approach to this discussion has been rather combative. If you still don’t like it, that’s a you problem.

And I will share my thoughts once I watch the footage available. I’ve also made the point several times that it’s one game - I’m not drawing any hardline conclusions or judgements based on this game, so I’m not sure why you seem to have taken such an issue with my posts in particular. Care to point out what it was specifically that you have a problem with?

Lastly, we’ve known this player for two years, so any critiques or evaluations aren’t based solely on this game. You know that, so I’m not sure why you’re pretending otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
at this point in his career, mcdonagh also wasn't seen as "a borderline top 10 d in the league", so much so that he had been traded to nyr for no one else but scott gomez :rolleyes:

dmen take more time to develop and it's even harder to evaluate their ceiling than forwards'. rb has all the tools to become a very good #1d. will he, tho? who knows. wait&see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad