GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I was at the game. Pretty fun and if we ignore Hutson (he's just a step ahead of everyone), the one I was most impressed with is Savoie. I knew nothing about him, mediocre stats in the Q but the guy showed relentless drive and pretty good offensive awareness.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reinbacher not standing out as the absolute best player on our side is concerning.

By the sounds of it, he was clearly behind both Mailloux and Hutson in terms of performance among the D, and in the mix with Engstrom for 3rd behind the other two. Considering where he was drafted and who we passed on to select him, that’s not good, at all.

Some are saying that he was covering for Engstrom all game as the reason for his lacklustre showing, others are saying it’s the other way around. What’s the real story? Either way, he clearly didn’t distinguish himself enough with his play, by the sounds of it.

It’s one game that though, so we’ll see. Hopefully he cranks it up from here on out.

I focused on Hutson, Reinbacher and Engstrom, so you can see for yourself how they each did.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Reinbacher not standing out as the absolute best player on our side is concerning.

By the sounds of it, he was clearly behind both Mailloux and Hutson in terms of performance among the D, and in the mix with Engstrom for 3rd behind the other two. Considering where he was drafted and who we passed on to select him, that’s not good, at all.

Some are saying that he was covering for Engstrom all game as the reason for his lacklustre showing, others are saying it’s the other way around. What’s the real story? Either way, he clearly didn’t distinguish himself enough with his play, by the sounds of it.

It’s one game that though, so we’ll see. Hopefully he cranks it up from here on out.
So you didn’t watch the game, but based on there not being a consensus in the comments about him being the best defenceman in this specific game, we should be concerned…? Thrilling analysis.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Don’t forget Reinbacher is the youngest of our top D prospects and already has two years pro. For those who watched today, Dr can play. He was solid. Wasn’t getting pinched in, turning pucks over, lost in his own end etc. He will be our top pairing guy with Hutson in two years
Like I said, it’s one game, but ideally, you’d want him to be our clear best player on the ice in a game like this, considering where he was picked, and with the 2 years of pro experience. He apparently wasn’t that. Thats all I’m saying.

We need this guy to pan out probably more than any other prospect. For me, he needs to at least become like say a Petry with better defensive ability for him to not be a disappointment - something like Roman Hamrlik, I guess.

What I’m really hoping for though, is a Ryan McDonagh/Alex Pietrangelo level defenseman, which pretty much means a borderline top 10 D in the league. At this point, that seems unlikely, based on what we’ve seen so far, so I really hope we at least get the solid top-4 D type of player I mentioned above.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Wats and nicehiss

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm leaning towards Hutson making this team. I think Reinbacher has a chance too. Mailloux isn't ready.

I only see Beck as a possible rookie forward making this team.

Curious how it all plays out but Hutson has that "it" factor.
He could but the contracts on our roster will send him back to Laval which I’m good with.

Mailloux and Reinbacher can go join him along with Florian, Tuch.

We’ll see Mailloux up with the big club this year the second there’s injuries and full time once they trade Savard.

Reinbacher should go do what Mailloux did last season, dominate the A

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
So you didn’t watch the game, but based on there not being a consensus in the comments about him being the best defenceman in this specific game, we should be concerned…? Thrilling analysis.
Thrilling reading comprehension ability. Where did I say “we should be concerned”? I said “it’s concerning”, meaning for me, my opinion. I haven’t had a chance to watch this game yet, but I’m very familiar with the player, as everyone here is - he’s been in our system for 2 years. If you want to take issue with that, then by all means have at it, by yourself.

Did you notice the part of the post you quoted where I asked others for more information? Now also notice that someone has provided the information. Funny how that works.

Reactions: electron58

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Reinbacher will be fine, not sure what expectations some have here?

It’s just one game, but Hutson is NHL ready.

They expect Makar even though he was not drafted to be that. Fans just don't value all the things Reinbacher does on the ice because it doesn't make the highlight reel.

All that matters is every body on the coaching staff and on the ice values it.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Pretty good game for a bunch of kids that haven't really played together. The talent is there, no question. Some of them were getting better as the game went on and as the "nervousness" wore off. I expect it will be a different and better game tomorrow.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
They expect Makar even though he was not drafted to be that. Fans just don't value all the things Reinbacher does on the ice because it doesn't make the highlight reel.

Nobody expects Makar. Most expect a solid #1D at that spot though, and I don’t think that’s unreasonable, considering the players we passed on. It’s still early, but from what we’ve seen so far (since the draft) as a whole, he doesn’t look like that. That was an important pick, and anything less than a bonafide #1D isn’t going to cut it. He should’ve been the best player on the ice today, regardless of points.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I have no issue with the player and for the record I don't even care that much about Michkov. I do care about using a 5th overall for him, IMO based on previous top 5 defenseman you would want a defenseman like Heiskanen, Luke Hughes, Moritz Seider or even a Jake Sanderson. I am not sure he is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad