GDT: GAME 09 - Monday, October 28th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30pm CDT - Amazon Prime - CJOB/Power 97

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
We win tonight, we beat the sub .500 Maple Laughs

They win tonight, they beat the unbeaten Juggernaut Jets.

They are going to use this game to right their crappy start to this season. Lets not give them that.

We need to continue doing what we are doing, run 4 lines hard, exploit their bottom depth.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Piracy is largely a service issue - if we were able to get all of the games with one easy to access service, most people would pay.

One of the complaints is that my IPTV service streaming is way higher quality than the legit TSN or SN streams from their websites. The service and quality is awful.

One service source would be ideal, as long as it's flexible and reasonable cost. What I would like to see are pricing options like:

- I live in Winnipeg and I just want all the Jets games
- I live in Winnipeg, but I'm a Bruins fan, so I want all the Bruins games
- I am both a Jets fan and a Bruins fan, so I want all the games from both teams.
- I want every game.
- Whatever combination I want,
- Split screen / multigame support once they are doing more than 1 game at a time.

Having a game on between say Ottawa and Tampa, and having that game blacked-out in Winnipeg, is just nuts and makes no sense.

There should be no "in-market" or "out of market". There should just be games, and I'll pay for the games I want to watch.

As far as tonight's game on Amazon, this is a test for Amazon. If they can get enough eyes watching, then in 2 years they just might bid for the whole Canadian market. How we watch 2 years from now might be totally different.

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Patch and Tavares on the 2nd line? The Lowry line will eat them for breakfast, or the ENP will flyby their slows carcasses.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I really don't know what the big deal is about winning or losing to the Leafs?
I could see it if they were Stanley Cup champs or in the Central or even in the Western Conference it's only 2 points.
I guess 5 straight losses to the Leafs will do that to some.
I think it's mainly the idea that the Canadian media pays way more attention to this match up than any other game we have by virtue or our opponent. So it's nice to piss in their cornflakes.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Thanks for the GDT @macmaroon !

Amazon is making it hard for people with poor internet watch the game!

They're not my favorite Amazon!

68430.gif
She's still the REAL wonder woman in my....er...book.

Reactions: Guardian17

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
We win tonight, we beat the sub .500 Maple Laughs

They win tonight, they beat the unbeaten Juggernaut Jets.

They are going to use this game to right their crappy start to this season. Lets not give them that.

We need to continue doing what we are doing, run 4 lines hard, exploit their bottom depth.

Honestly their depth isn't bad. What plagues the Leafs, as it has been for the last 8 years, is their top players range from being world beaters to beating themselves within the course of a single game. They lost their last game because Matthews made a pass to the ghost of Doug Gilmore who was, as it turns out, not there.

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Friends… maybe I’m just living far away and only have ESPN+, but my app is telling me that the game is also on ESPN+ today.

Am I inept?
Possibly.

Also, as someone who has only been a goalie in peewee roller hockey, I want to point out that Jets historically vs Stolarz (at least from memory) have not been good. There were at least a few games where it seemed like the ducks were hot garbage and he stole the game from us.

With that being said, I’m hoping to watch today and I’m hoping we play better vs the leafs AND Stolarz.
Looking forward to it!

Gaald

Mar 17, 2012
Has anyone watched an NHL game on prime yet? Can you watch it from the start if the game is still live? Or are you forced to watch the game live while it's still on?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Friends… maybe I’m just living far away and only have ESPN+, but my app is telling me that the game is also on ESPN+ today.

Am I inept?
Possibly.

Also, as someone who has only been a goalie in peewee roller hockey, I want to point out that Jets historically vs Stolarz (at least from memory) have not been good. There were at least a few games where it seemed like the ducks were hot garbage and he stole the game from us.

With that being said, I’m hoping to watch today and I’m hoping we play better vs the leafs AND Stolarz.
Looking forward to it!

The Amazon Prime thing is for Canada only. How the game is watched in other countries is different.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Honestly their depth isn't bad. What plagues the Leafs, as it has been for the last 8 years, is their top players range from being world beaters to beating themselves within the course of a single game. They lost their last game because Matthews made a pass to the ghost of Doug Gilmore who was, as it turns out, not there.

Well it is Halloween season so if there was any time for a ghost to be there it's now.

Has anyone watched an NHL game on prime yet? Can you watch it from the start if the game is still live? Or are you forced to watch the game live while it's still on?

The picture quality is great and the commentary team is good too. Don't know if you can watch from the start but I imagine you could.

None

Feb 22, 2012

You can start from the beginning if you open the stream late or there's an option for rapid replay where you see a condensed version of the game before it eventually catches up to live.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010

I figured too many Leafs fans at the game were on their cellphones without being on airplane mode, which messed up with Matthews’ autopilot.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I will never understand how young people born outside of Ontario can be Leaf fans. What's the attraction doesn't losing in the first round of the playoffs get tiring. Sure they have won many Stanley Cups but that was before most of them were born in a six team league. Whatever happens it's 1 game out of 82.
I'll admit I was a Leafs fan for several years after the Jets 1.0 left, but that was a totally different team than the current product. The late 90s/early 00s Leafs team that won me over was a tough team that never quit with the likes of Tie Domi, Gary Roberts, Wade Belak, and Shayne Corson. Mats Sundin was a class act and a great player, and they had a great goalie in Kujo. Even guys like Darcy Tucker I liked -- I'm sure other teams' fans hated him but he had fire.

Also the pandering to Toronto wasn't so insufferable back then, probably due to the absence of social media and the internet being in its infancy. Plus there weren't as many TV channels. I guess Sportsnet existed back then but they didn't have exclusive rights.

It was after Mats Sundin left the team that I started drifting away from them -- the Dion Phaneuf years were dark and then the Jets returned so I bailed on the Leafs. As they further evolved with the drafting of the current "Core Four" I grew to hate them as much as everyone else.

@macmaroon fantastic GDT, had me laughing out loud from the first moment I saw Austin Matthews.

Reactions: macmaroon

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am watching about 30% of the Jets TV content this season which is similar to last year. Even though I have prime and neither of my kids have sports tonight I doubt I will watch this game. For some reason I only like watching a full game live now, the TV broadcasts that last almost 3 hours have lost me. I might be able to do one period in real time then I just catch up on the highlight packages. Same for Football I am good for about 1 quarter now it its on TV.

The only way I watch an entire game is on PVR after it’s over fast forwarding through adds, intermissions, and between whistles. Obviously that compresses the games to about 45 to 60 minutes.

Not sure why it happened? I use to like watching sports on TV from start to finish in real time. I am hoping this is just a phase but its been two years plus :laugh:

That beings said GJG.

I always record games. Watching on Prime will be really different for me. Usually takes between 60-90 minutes to watch a whole game. Don't know if I will have the patience for it or not. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad