OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'll probably play Metaphor at some point, but I just finished the Persona 3 reload DLC, so I'm gonna take a break from turn based RPGs for a little bit. Also if I wait, I'm sure they'll come out with a "definitive" edition that have more stuff like they did with SMTV: Vengeance. Also, also that will give modders time to have a bunch of goofy costumes made.

Last edited:

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I'll probably play Metaphor at some point, but I just finished the Persona 3 reload DLC, so I'm gonna take a break from turn based RPGs for a little bit. Also if I wait, I'm sure they'll come out with a "definitive" edition that have more stuff like they did with SMTV: Vengeance. Also, also that will give modders time to have a bunch of goofy costumes made.
This is exactly why I didn't buy Persona 3 Reload and will indeed never purchase a SMT-related game until at least 24 months after initial release when the "complete edition" comes out. Ridiculous that they cut the DLC out from a full-priced, finished product that, you know, is a remake.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
This is exactly why I didn't buy Persona 3 Reload and will indeed never purchase a SMT-related game until at least 24 months after initial release when the "complete edition" comes out. Ridiculous that they cut the DLC out from a full-priced, finished product that, you know, is a remake.
I have game pass, so I got it, and the DLC "for free". That's the only reason I played Reload right away.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Own Alan Wake 2 but have yet to play it with the latest DLC out it's probably time. I'd love to play Silent Hill 2 but waiting for them to fix the shitty shader cache compilation stutter.

Also apparently Guerilla is done with Killzone which is a shame as I preferred that series over Horizon. Not to say Killzone has good story or dialogue but Horizon is even worse lol. Maybe someone else can do a Killzone 2/3 Remake.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I feel like the blokes who made Elden Ring are Japanese dudes who will never get married in their lives lol...if you know what I mean?

I am trying to beat this dumb Tree Sentinel mini-boss (if there is such a thing as calling anyone a mini-boss in this game) and I gave up at this point in time. I'm a level 9 mage and having a blast, but getting killed by low-level gargoyles and knights can be frustrating AF at times.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I feel like the blokes who made Elden Ring are Japanese dudes who will never get married in their lives lol...if you know what I mean?

I am trying to beat this dumb Tree Sentinel mini-boss (if there is such a thing as calling anyone a mini-boss in this game) and I gave up at this point in time. I'm a level 9 mage and having a blast, but getting killed by low-level gargoyles and knights can be frustrating AF at times.
How dare you slander the name of the greatest Hidetaka Miyazaki!

But yeah, Tree Sentinel is there to teach the player early on that Elden Ring is best enjoyed by f***ing off in a different direction if you're finding a certain fight or area to be too difficult. Truly immaculate open-world design.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Yeah, that guy you should leave for later. I believe the recommended level for them are 60+. Unless you're one of those psychos that enjoy beating the game under level 10, then I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, that guy you should leave for later. I believe the recommended level for them are 60+. Unless you're one of those psychos that enjoy beating the game under level 10, then I wouldn't bother.
Well, there's a dude on YouTube who went after him as a prisoner class and looked like his stats were no different from mine (like the same amount of health bar, stamina, etc.). I was like..."yeah I can just copy that," but I realised, that yes, he is one of those psychos who finds pleasure in trying to find ways to cheese it. I kept doing the Wolves' ashes and kept getting his health down to 50%, but if you're saying level 60, damn I am such a noob at this game. If you know by any chance, is there a sheet somewhere online that shows the boss's recommended levels by any chance?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well, there's a dude on YouTube who went after him as a prisoner class and looked like his stats were no different from mine (like the same amount of health bar, stamina, etc.). I was like..."yeah I can just copy that," but I realised, that yes, he is one of those psychos who finds pleasure in trying to find ways to cheese it. I kept doing the Wolves' ashes and kept getting his health down to 50%, but if you're saying level 60, damn I am such a noob at this game. If you know by any chance, is there a sheet somewhere online that shows the boss's recommended levels by any chance?

• Haha

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So I did forget that the different tree sentinels do in fact go up in difficulty. So the guide I found below is recommending 25 for the one I think you're fighting. 60 is for a later game one.

And this was the only boss guide I could find. When I played through a second time, I used the elden ring wiki and fallowed thus recommended area level guide.

My first playthrough I went in like a chicken with my head cut off and just kept powering leveling until I could beat the current thing I was fighting. This made some of the game areas laughably easy.

I did see that someone beat the game with 1HP 1FP and 1 Stamina point. Some people can just memorize boss tells and strategies more than I could ever hope to achieve.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So I did forget that the different tree sentinels do in fact go up in difficulty. So the guide I found below is recommending 25 for the one I think you're fighting. 60 is for a later game one.

And this was the only boss guide I could find. When I played through a second time, I used the elden ring wiki and fallowed thus recommended area level guide.

My first playthrough I went in like a chicken with my head cut off and just kept powering leveling until I could beat the current thing I was fighting. This made some of the game areas laughably easy.

I did see that someone beat the game with 1HP 1FP and 1 Stamina point. Some people can just memorize boss tells and strategies more than I could ever hope to achieve.
Those people have never moved out of the basement.

• Haha

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Thanks a bunch! I did go to the Caelid region to pick up the Meteorite Staff and the rock sling magic move. Both have helped a lot so far, but as I was getting them, this average raven bird one-shot'd me and I was like wow. This game makes you laugh more than rage in all honesty. Then I found out later on (since I am watching a beginner's guide video) that he Caelid region is like when you reach ultra mega no life lol.

E: I did beat the Watchdog and Beastman, the Beastman was crazy difficult because of how aggressive the boss is. Now I am going to face the Mad Pumpkinhead so I can unlock the spell shop lady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad