Johnson-Novak-Marchenko
Nyquist-Parsinnen-Tomasino
Glass-Sissons-Trenin

Yikes

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
When the rumble persists, the Volcano could erupt sometime in the future.
2024 1st
Arvidsson
Spence
Copley
The only "rumble" about Saros is wishful thinking from fans of teams needing a goalie

Not sure if Preds trading Saros or the potential pieces listed, that make this a dream.
We saw it with PLD and eventually the rumble led to rain.
What?? PLD being traded was absolutely certain the only question was to whom. Nobody credible is saying Saros is being shopped

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
I was toying with the idea of CBJ getting Saros until Tarasov is ready to replace Elvis who's been tutti frutti since the Kivlenieks tragedy, but I have no idea of the trade cost.

Great goalie, $5.0m x 2 yr.

Preds just might be ready to unload their current core for futures. (I don't know what to make of the Duchene buy-out and their other moves, is it just shedding a locker room country club or a real-ass burn the barn rebuild.)

What do you estimate as a reasonable price for Saros? Considering the reasonably expected immediate impact on the acquiring team's near future draft picks as well -- they'll likely be lower and thus cheaper currency.

Not really considering roster player moves; easier to first look at picks and prospects for the evaluation. So give it to me.

Short answer? No.
Long answer? f*** no.

Take the package that you think is a wild overpayment for him... and then add a first to that.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
When the rumble persists, the Volcano could erupt sometime in the future.
2024 1st
Arvidsson
Spence
Copley
So a spence, a 1st, and whatever we get for trading off arvidsson somewhere else. Im assuming if we trade saros that we dont plan on winning this season as he was the only reason we did decent last season. This means Arvidsson only holds as much value for us as what he gets when we trade him. A 30 year old winger on an expiring contract isnt much value to a rebuilding team. Copley just isnt good.

Spence would be an odd choice for nashville to want given we just drafted a lhd with similar toolkit and size in Molendyk. Our d pipeline is also filled with smaller puck moving dmen though none really of Spence's quality on the right side. Then we also have a logjam of rhd at the nhl level and livingstone trying to break in.

Just seems like it would necessitate more moves on Nashville’s end.

Reactions: Armourboy

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
My comment above is not a proposal just a something like this starting point.
Thanks for the perspective on where the Preds are at
I do not think Saros is being shopped but Twotz says he "has to listen" and he is getting calls on Soras.
I think he is high on Blake's list.
I understand Arvy's value and that is why I included Spence who I wouldn't really even want to trade and is ready for the NHL on your PP# 2 and could learn a lot from Josi.
Copley was very good last season, we will see if he can maintain.
Maybe this is why nothing has happend so far.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So a spence, a 1st, and whatever we get for trading off arvidsson somewhere else. Im assuming if we trade saros that we dont plan on winning this season as he was the only reason we did decent last season. This means Arvidsson only holds as much value for us as what he gets when we trade him. A 30 year old winger on an expiring contract isnt much value to a rebuilding team. Copley just isnt good.

Spence would be an odd choice for nashville to want given we just drafted a lhd with similar toolkit and size in Molendyk. Our d pipeline is also filled with smaller puck moving dmen though none really of Spence's quality on the right side. Then we also have a logjam of rhd at the nhl level and livingstone trying to break in.

Just seems like it would necessitate more moves on Nashville’s end.
fine sub Bjornfot for Spence then haha

I don't think LA has the assets or depth to make this move anymore. LA would need to include Arvidsson for Cap (which you pointed out likely does nothing for Nashville), but they already will need some breakout rookies to work out on the wing.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
fine sub Bjornfot for Spence then haha

I don't think LA has the assets or depth to make this move anymore. LA would need to include Arvidsson for Cap (which you pointed out likely does nothing for Nashville), but they already will need some breakout rookies to work out on the wing.
Logistically i think itd make more sense for a next offseason deal. Nashville will have a better idea on askarov's progression. Cap finally gets a jump. Some cap off the books for LA (arvidsson, roy, and 3M from kopitars extension) that they hope can be replaced cheaply through internal progression. Some of it will be eaten up by the numerous RFAs though.

But i could see why LA would want saros now. 36 year old talbot coming off a bad season, 31 year old copley who has never had a good season, and 30 year old big save dave rittich who hasnt had a good season since 19-20 isnt exactly confidence inspiring.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Logistically i think itd make more sense for a next offseason deal. Nashville will have a better idea on askarov's progression. Cap finally gets a jump. Some cap off the books for LA (arvidsson, roy, and 3M from kopitars extension) that they hope can be replaced cheaply through internal progression. Some of it will be eaten up by the numerous RFAs though.

But i could see why LA would want saros now. 36 year old talbot coming off a bad season, 31 year old copley who has never had a good season, and 30 year old big save dave rittich who hasnt had a good season since 19-20 isnt exactly confidence inspiring.
The bolded is very true on how a lot of fans see the kings goaltending. I think kings brass are fine with what they have.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The bolded is very true on how a lot of fans see the kings goaltending. I think kings brass are fine with what they have.

Copley is 31 and has only 69 nhl games to his name with lackluster results and talbot is 36 with 4 LBI absences since start of 2021 to go with his bad year last season. I just dont see how any ownership or gm aiming for the cup could be comfy with that but to each their own.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Copley is 31 and has only 69 nhl games to his name with lackluster results and talbot is 36 with 4 LBI absences since start of 2021 to go with his bad year last season. I just dont see how any ownership or gm aiming for the cup could be comfy with that but to each their own.
you're preaching to the choir.

Reactions: herzausstein

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad