G Ilya Sorokin (2014, 78th, NYI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
I’d put Shestyorkin slightly ahead right now only for the fact that his KHL success has already translated smoothly to the North American game.

Cant even argue this. Shestyorkin is playing great hockey in the AHL. Isles- Rangers games will be a lot of fun in 2-3 years with these two guys going head to head.

ArthurNHL

Nov 12, 2017
This kids putting up some great numbers this season. The KHL is friendly on goalie stats but still for such a young kid he's been a brick wall on one of the leagues best teams.

Sorokin leads the KHL in GAA (0.83), SV% (.960) and he's 2nd in SO with 6 in 13 games with a 9-3-1 record

Only 20 years old. From his highlights and playing style he reminds me of Quick stylistically
He is the next Bobrovsky

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Varlamov has 3 more years after this one and a NTC. This will give Sorokin enough time to learn the ropes in the NHL and start pushing for the starting job by 2022/23

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Varlamov has 3 more years after this one and a NTC. This will give Sorokin enough time to learn the ropes in the NHL and start pushing for the starting job by 2022/23

so when he is 27-28? Thats not a good strategy.

He will be turning 25 this summer. Can't tell him at camp 'sorry, gotta wait 3 more years for a shot at Starter'.

He will ask to be moved before that.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
so when he is 27? Thats not a good strategy.
Oh, I didn't know Sorokin is already so old :)
Then Varlamov seems to be in the way with his NTC for three more years. Unless the Isles choose to either pay a backup $5 million a year or buy him out.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Oh, I didn't know Sorokin is already so old :)
Then Varlamov seems to be in the way with his NTC for three more years. Unless the Isles choose to either pay a backup $5 million a year or buy him out.

Varlamov has a NTC for the first 2 years, it becomes a modified NTC (16 teams) in years 3 and 4.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Wow. That is insane. 4 Talented Russian goalies in the same city basically. Pretty cool.

more fuel to the fire that has been dormant for awhile. The blue shirts with their rebuild plus Panarin, Zibby and their promising youth vrs the Isles who are competing now with Barzal/Beauvillier and an overlooked kid core building behind the barn as well

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
more fuel to the fire that has been dormant for awhile. The blue shirts with their rebuild plus Panarin, Zibby and their promising youth vrs the Isles who are competing now with Barzal/Beauvillier and an overlooked kid core building behind the barn as well

this town would go ape shit for a playoff series between these 2 teams.

Reactions: NYRfan

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Wow. That is insane. 4 Talented Russian goalies in the same city basically. Pretty cool.
Georgiev isn't Russian, actually. He is Bulgarian but because there is no serious hockey to be played in Bulgaria, he's played in/for Russia.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
so when he is 27-28? Thats not a good strategy.

He will be turning 25 this summer. Can't tell him at camp 'sorry, gotta wait 3 more years for a shot at Starter'.

He will ask to be moved before that.

Predictions about what might happen in 2 years, especially with goalies, are meaningless. NYI need to get Sorokin over, and they obviously thought that Varlamov helped with that. It's pointless to put more thought into it than that.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Georgiev isn't Russian, actually. He is Bulgarian but because there is no serious hockey to be played in Bulgaria, he's played in/for Russia.
LOL What is it? Good 'ol Cold War attitude? Take away from Russians what you can? He is as much russian as he is bulgarian. He holds both citizenships. And oh yeah he moved to Moscow from Bulgaria at age ONE. Props to the parents asessing their one year old is a future NHLer, so they better move to Russia.:sarcasm:

ALEXANDER GEORGIEV: “AFTER WINNING THE JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP WE ALL WENT TO A SAUNA”

- If I’m not mistaken, you have a dual citizenship – Russian and Bulgarian?

- Yes. My dad is Bulgarian and my mom is Russian. Although, I’ve lived in Moscow my entire life except for a few years in Voskresenk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad