G Ilya Sorokin (2014, 78th, NYI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It wasn't much of a duel between goalies today. They had little to do with the score. The last time they played in the regular season, it was closer to a duel won by Sorokin. The CSKA coach has completely out-coached the SKA coach in this series so far and all season. CSKA is the better team, while SKA is way more talented.

CSKA parks their whole team in front of their goalie, waits for SKA errors, and then counters for good scoring chances. Sorokin faced a lot of shots today, but low quality. Shestyorkin faced few shots, but high quality.

I didn’t see the game. I wasn’t making the assumption that he Sorokin played way better and shesty was bad. Just saying his team got the better of his good buddy on the other end.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sorokin is definitely in the better form between the two. Shestyorkin has had a fluky month of hockey. I wonder if Sorokin will get to play at the World Championship's this year. Last year they went with Shestyorkin. Some of this will depend on Tampa, Columbus and Colorado's end to their seasons.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sorokin is definitely in the better form between the two. Shestyorkin has had a fluky month of hockey. I wonder if Sorokin will get to play at the World Championship's this year. Last year they went with Shestyorkin. Some of this will depend on Tampa, Columbus and Colorado's end to their seasons.
I doubt Tampa will fail early.
I doubt Bobrovskiy will come without his precious new contract.(Not mad at him for that)
I doubt Varlamov's groin can survive another World Championship.

For now it is pretty obviously

Sorokin
Shestyorkin

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I doubt Tampa will fail early.
I doubt Bobrovskiy will come without his precious new contract.(Not mad at him for that)
I doubt Varlamov's groin can survive another World Championship.

For now it is pretty obviously

Sorokin
Shestyorkin

I think Georgiyev could factor in. You also never know with the goalie ordering. There have been times where Shestyorkin was playing better and they went with Sorokin and times where Sorokin was playing better and they went with Shestyorkin.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Khudobin has a real chance, he had a great season. If none of the big boys comes he is definitely an option.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I should have done my research on Tampa's health issues...

Looks like Vasilevskiy might take the top spot in goal. Georgiev is at WHC camp, but right now it looks like he at least has Vasilevskiy, Sorokin and Shestyorkin ahead of him. His chance is if one of the three declines/has an injury we don't know of yet.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I should have done my research on Tampa's health issues...

Looks like Vasilevskiy might take the top spot in goal. Georgiev is at WHC camp, but right now it looks like he at least has Vasilevskiy, Sorokin and Shestyorkin ahead of him. His chance is if one of the three declines/has an injury we don't know of yet.

Shestyorkin wasn’t included in the first list that included a lot of SKA players. I suspect he declined to play this year.

I would expect Vasilevskiy, Sorokin and Georgiyev as the three. I also still refuse to rule Tampa out. Columbus has played as well as they can and Tampa has played as bad as they can. I think Tampa is capable of winning four in a row.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Shestyorkin wasn’t included in the first list that included a lot of SKA players. I suspect he declined to play this year.

I would expect Vasilevskiy, Sorokin and Georgiyev as the three. I also still refuse to rule Tampa out. Columbus has played as well as they can and Tampa has played as bad as they can. I think Tampa is capable of winning four in a row.
Not without Hedman and Stralman.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Please, Ilya. You know you want to come over. Just do it. Throw us a bone. You can still hang out with your buddy Igor. We're cool with it.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
He has a year left on his deal. Then he will re sign in the KHL. I have no hope that he ever becomes an islander :(

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don’t know if it makes sense financially but his boy Shesty is coming over.

Looking a bit grizzly. The Russian bear.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What’s left to accomplish in the KHL?

Come on over

giphy.gif

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
He has a year left on his deal. Then he will re sign in the KHL. I have no hope that he ever becomes an islander :(
Don't get the doom and gloom. Yes, he signed a contract years ago, but that doesn't mean he's going to sign another one with them. He's obviously not going to pay his own money to buy out his remaining year to play for NHL ELC money, but I'm fairly certain he'll sign next year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sorokin's clearly going to sign after one more season. Where do Islanders players typically live? Some of the Rangers live in Manhattan, some in Westchester County, some in Fairfield County. I'm guessing the Islanders split is some Manhattan and some Nassau County.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad