Full clip of McDavid's expletive-filled rant at Oilers teammates drops

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
As a Canucks fan I truly believe McDavid deserves a cup and by that I mean a World Cup or maybe a pink Stanley tumbler but still he deserves a cup nonetheless.
1728306685504.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Quinntessential

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The best player in the world is screaming at everyone to dig deep and the rest of the team is walking around acting like he's invisible. It's great to see that spark from Mcdavid, makes me like him even more but what's with the rest of the team ?
What is the appropriate response?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
hes not a natural hype man. dude is inspirational on the ice and i'm sure a perfectly adequate leader off it but the yelly thing doesn't seem natural.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You can tell how outdated and backwards hockey culture still is.

That video is a regular Tuesday in any other league

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Standards of leadership in western society have really plummeted. Not so much directed at McDavid as commentary in general.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That's awesome

Posters just love to hate McDavid and the Oil

It's really just about 15 posters who would in all honesty give their left nut to have a player even 80% that good on their team jealous he's not on their team.

There's nothing at all outrageous about that clip at all, it's honestly pretty f***ing tame, lol. I've seen yelling matches with teammates in beer league hockey about on par with that.

Michael Jordan punched a teammate half his size in the face.

Kobe Bryant relentlessly bullied teammates he didn't like and yelled in front of reporters for management to trade his "bum teammates" and get him some help.

Mark Messier physically choked a teammate.

Etc. etc. etc. "Dig in! Right now!" ... oh noez. You can't handle that, go watch the ice capades instead, pro sports isn't for you.

First of all if that bothers you, you don't need to wonder in your head if you ever could have made it as a pro athlete, I'll just tell you right now, your ass would've been chewed up and spit out even if you had more talent. You can't be that mentally weak and make it in pro sports.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It's really just about 15 posters who would in all honesty give their left nut to have a player even 80% that good on their team jealous he's not on their team.

There's nothing at all outrageous about that clip at all, it's honestly pretty f***ing tame, lol. I've seen yelling matches with teammates in beer league hockey about on par with that.

Michael Jordan punched a teammate half his size in the face.

Kobe Bryant relentlessly bullied teammates he didn't like and yelled in front of reporters for management to trade his "bum teammates" and get him some help.

Mark Messier physically choked a teammate.

Etc. etc. etc. "Dig in! Right now!" ... oh noez. You can't handle that, go watch the ice capades instead, pro sports isn't for you.

First of all if that bothers you, you don't need to wonder in your head if you ever could have made it as a pro athlete, I'll just tell you right now, your ass would've been chewed up and spit out even if you had more talent. You can't be that mentally weak and make it in pro sports.
I think people are clowning him on his voice and intonation , not about trying to get the boys riled up from what I've read , what he said was pretty standard

Reactions: Crow

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think people are clowning him on his voice and intonation , not about trying to get the boys riled up from what I've read , what he said was pretty standard

Who gives a shit about his intonation is what I would say, lol.

Most teams would've given up going down 0-3 in a Finals too, the Oilers didn't, that shows there is fire in that room and the players care, I take that 10/10 times over a lot of these other fanbases who are huffing and puffing about "dur hur, his voice is pitchy!" while the top fancy pants players on their teams would've folded up shop and given up in that same situation.

Takes guts to fight back from 0-3 down and everyone saying you should just quit and let the Panthers have their little party.

That team had about 10 chances last season to wrap it up and give up and have a pity party, they instead kept getting off the matt.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Who gives a shit about his intonation is what I would say, lol.

Most teams would've given up going down 0-3 in a Finals too, the Oilers didn't, that shows there is fire in that room and the players care, I take that 10/10 times over a lot of these other fanbases who are huffing and puffing about "dur hur, his voice is pitchy!" while the top fancy pants players on their teams would've folded up shop and given up in that same situation.

Takes guts to fight back from 0-3 down and everyone saying you should just quit and let the Panthers have their little party.

That team had about 10 chances last season to wrap it up and give up and have a pity party, they instead kept getting off the matt.

I wonder how much more $$ McDavid got from BetMGM for those three extra games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad