Full clip of McDavid's expletive-filled rant at Oilers teammates drops

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
You stopped far too short in your response.

See, if I was the Captain of my team and I had earned the Conn Smythe, I would have gone, collected the Conn Smythe without acknolwledging anyone, taken it back to the locker room and destroyed it in front of my team. I want to win but more importantly I want my team to win, these guys in the room with me to win, the logo I got on the front of my sweater to win, I want buy-in, things like that is how you get it from others. It sends a message. If I'm McDavid and if everything I do is criticized whether its good, bad or parkay, I would start doing things like that. I wouldn't have to look for the missing pieces of our puzzle at that point, they would come looking for us.

I'm on a mission and everything I do is not as important as getting everyone on the same page and on that same boat. I would use the moment to build hunger into the team. Hell, it's Connor's team. I sure as hell wouldn't be in the locker room feeling sorry for myself, consoling others on the failed attempt at getting the Cup. That sends the wrong message.

They should be angry and determined to go back at it and win. That's what I want to see this year.
Your little fantasy of bringing the trophy back to smash it some real juvenile unhinged garbage.

Your only experience in leadership is picking teams in gym class.

• Haha
Reactions: Brent Burns

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Did the McDavid crying thread get taken down, or does HF of all places have too much class to make fun of it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad