Full clip of McDavid's expletive-filled rant at Oilers teammates drops

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
the best players on the team generally are the ones that work the hardest. Motivation and "presence" has almost nothing to do with physical stature, cold stares, or prepared speeches.

The Oilers play for Mcdavid because he leads by example.

I know we all hate the "if you ever played you would know this" line but holy shit some of you guys are making it painfully obvious you've never been in a locker room before.

I have wondered off and on if McD is 'The Voice' in the locker room or the polar opposite. He has elite skillsets as a player and makes more than the rest of team which washes out with his skills. He puts up the points, he earns the contract moreso than anyone else out there with exceptions. But what is his attitude like amongst his players? Is the team -really- motivated by him? Are they envious of him? Do they view him as a whiner whose skillsets 'make it look easy' while the others struggle and are tired of being told and shown that they're not as good as him? A lot of factors affect a team's dynamics and McD might be his very own worst enemy. Is the team fed up with him?

If he's expecting people to show up by 'being more like him' and harping on it, I can see that burning out people and creating dissention against him.

I feel like he doesn't say much and when he does he's condescending and the team is like f-k him, we'll wait til he shows up first. And when he doesn't, they lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad