Free Agents

GodTukka*

I'd love me some Blake Wheeler right now on that 3rd line LW alongside Kelly & Pevs.

I like Motteau, cheap option for #7 dman. Hamilton looked lost in WJC, kid is not ready for permanent spot on 3rd pairing yet. To the pressbox he goes.

Wheeler's too good for the third line now.

Or it might be that a underpowered Jets lineup inflates his stats and ice time

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
If a young kid really impresses out of camp, then its his.

As far as names mentioned, Sykora grabs my interest a bit, for cheap money, could be worth, depending on his shape and conditioning right now.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Good points. I'd add that there probably won't be much of a trade market at the trade deadline this year either. With only 48 games, everyone is going to think they're still 'in the hunt.'

I know PC wanted to clear the road for Caron, but I say grab whatever depth you can now and make the kid earn his spot. If he (or some other prospect) can't knock a 38 year old Mike Knuble out of the lineup then he shouldn't be playing.

It's better to have the problem of 'too many' than 'not enough and nobody's available.'

Agree. And, I like him a lot for the B's. Add filling that crafty vet role which Rex left vacant. But, his legs, he was a 2 mins for holding/hooking machine last year. However, as you say, I'd rather see one of the young guys give Chia some hard choices by earning the spot.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Last edited:

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Expect Petr Sykora to sign with an NHL team other than the Devils.

Apparently interested in Knuble

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...s-right-wing-mike-knuble-should-get-nhl-cont/

I would be okay with bringing in Knuble, same with Sykora but ideally I'd like to see us look at Bourque and Caron, once he is healthy. i have about no confidence in Bourque to stick in the NHL with us but unlike others here i have not given up on Caron. if neither of them work out i would try to find a vet on an expiring contract at the deadline. Morrow comes to mind.....

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Byron Bitz is a FA. Loved him as a depth guy when he was here. Might be a good insurance policy?

He was a tough guy with size. Definitely likable. But we have younger guys waiting for a spot with more talent. I would't mind seeing him with the baby B's as a insurance policy. Just don't want to see him called up ahead of guys like Bourque, Camper, Caron etc.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Knuble is toast. No interest.

Mottau I'd be fine with.

Spooner makes the team,

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Mottau
Barker
(Both cheap)

I'm sure many will disagree but I like Ballard in Vancouver. He could be had cheap (if bought out). Not sure of his contract ($4m per?), term? But they've soured on him in BC, he could be goner in offseason buyout. nice 3rd pairing guy if Chia could somehow make Thomas cap hit vanish. Unlikely.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm not sure what you guys see in Motteau that I don't. I really didn't like him in his short stint with us last year. I know it's just a depth move but i'm not a fan.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Knuble is toast. No interest.

Mottau I'd be fine with.

Spooner makes the team,

Agreed on all three. Although I don't actually think that Spooner will make the team out of camp. I just hope he will.

I understand Bill's hesitancy when it comes to Spoons on the third line. But I also think it's a compromise that could be negated with the creativity he could provide. Out of all the options, he's the only one I could see myself actually looking FORWARD to watching.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Good points. I'd add that there probably won't be much of a trade market at the trade deadline this year either. With only 48 games, everyone is going to think they're still 'in the hunt.'

I know PC wanted to clear the road for Caron, but I say grab whatever depth you can now and make the kid earn his spot. If he (or some other prospect) can't knock a 38 year old Mike Knuble out of the lineup then he shouldn't be playing.

It's better to have the problem of 'too many' than 'not enough and nobody's available.'

Case in point: Last season's goalie situation.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Mottau
Barker
(Both cheap)

I'm sure many will disagree but I like Ballard in Vancouver. He could be had cheap (if bought out). Not sure of his contract ($4m per?), term? But they've soured on him in BC, he could be goner in offseason buyout. nice 3rd pairing guy if Chia could somehow make Thomas cap hit vanish. Unlikely.

I'm one of those who would disagree with you about Ballard. The Panthers couldn't wait to rid themselves of that contract and I think the Canucks are now in the same boat.

I have no interest in that type of player. Soft on defensive coverage and stupid with the puck. An injury prone and slightly less brainless Joe Corvo. No tanks.

Barker is another headcase. I've lobbied for him several times in the last couple of years, but seeing him in Edmonton finally made me see the light.

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
Byron Bitz is exactly what the Bruins don't really need, and everything I want at the same time. I couldn't even dislike the Canucks when Bitz was on their first line racking up a few points with the Sedins. Bitz just makes through the such and such what never would circumvent all you ever expected to derive from the only source of what he should achieve, and that goes a long way for me. #61 forever.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Byron Bitz is exactly what the Bruins don't really need, and everything I want at the same time. I couldn't even dislike the Canucks when Bitz was on their first line racking up a few points with the Sedins. Bitz just makes through the such and such what never would circumvent all you ever expected to derive from the only source of what he should achieve, and that goes a long way for me. #61 forever.

GOOD NIGHT NURSE:help:

Last edited:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

easy for you to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1