Free Agents

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Eric Fehr please. Love his wrister. Great release.

Good speed too. I feel like him and Peverly would be great together. Problem is, is that they are both right handed shots. So unless someone wants to play off wing, move Fehr on the right, Peverly in the middle, Kelley on the left?

Kelley - Peverly - Fehr

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
we have alot of cap space. savard will end up on ltir if necessary and thomas will end up suspended if he doesnt report. suspended guys dont get paid. thomas can easily be dealt if necessary

Why is someone going to trade for Thomas (unless you are offering a sweetener)? And please don't say anything about the floor because that canard has been debunked.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Never thought Andrei Kostitsyn was used properly with the Habs...

I think he would be a perfect fit on our 3rd line (with a couple of smart,
hardworking linemates to motivate him).

Not that it matters, as he's been invited to the Panthers camp.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
These suggestions are awful I say no to all of them. Playing Bourque until Caron is back with the outside chance of Spooner getting a look is definitely a better option than anyone listed in the thread.

Might be a buyers market near the trade deadline I'd hold off.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I think some d depth is more of a concern than the forward spot. Up front I wouldn't hate seeing Langkow or Arnott in a limited role for dirt cheap, even just for insurance sake. Hagman is a guy who has occassionally showed some good skill.

Back end there's pretty slim pickings, Paul Ranger doesn't actually have an NHL contract but would have to pass through waivers if signed. Maybe bring Shaone Morrison back? I've actually always liked Kubina.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If the cap is still at 70.2, we should be able to spend about 5 million this year (as long as it's on one year contracts, it won't hurt us next year when the cap drops). At least that is the way I'm reading it on capgeek. But I've been known to be wrong before!! :laugh:

I keep forgetting about the ltir for Savard

nycbruins*

Is pavel kubina actually playing in czech league and if so, was it a k he could leave after the lockout? I know a lot of you will laugh but i thought this d was thin before i found out all mcquaid's been through. Would like a veteran d. Nobody jumps out to me in the forward ranks, however.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Eric Fehr please. Love his wrister. Great release.

Good speed too. I feel like him and Peverly would be great together. Problem is, is that they are both right handed shots. So unless someone wants to play off wing, move Fehr on the right, Peverly in the middle, Kelley on the left?

Kelley - Peverly - Fehr

Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in Hämeenlinna. Would be pretty surprised if he was handed a 1 way contract, let alone a spot on a playoff team's 3rd line. Shoulder(s) seem to be healthy for now, but hard to say how long they'd hold up in the NHL game.

If he does come back to NA my money would be on him turning up with the Jets.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Alexei Kovalev

half joking, half serious

Very interesting option. Read today he's got an invite to Panthers camp? Did Kovalev play for Juliens' Habs, and were there any issues? Kovalev is a sniper,, lazy but a sniper. No better line mates to cover up defensively for him than Kelly and Peverly.

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor
Saw some idea on twitter but what if the Rangers buy out Redden. The former Sen has a few ties in bean town. If he takes a cheap deal for boston he could revive his nhl career. Could be a great gamble if the price is right.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
These suggestions are awful I say no to all of them. Playing Bourque until Caron is back with the outside chance of Spooner getting a look is definitely a better option than anyone listed in the thread.

Might be a buyers market near the trade deadline I'd hold off.

Every suggestion I have seen is better than bourque or Caron.

Kaoz*

Sad news on DoMo front. His wife, Kate, passed away today after a battle with cancer.

That's awful. As much as I joke about the wife I'd be lost without her. Can't imagine.

Alexei Kovalev

half joking, half serious

On a tryout with Florida isn't he?

I doubt he wants to play for Julien or vice versa, not with Kovalev's comments post Julien Montreal era. On a strictly talent note the guy is ridiculously good when he wants to be. When he wants to be seems only when it suits his fancy however, and that's not near enough for me to want to see him in the black and gold.

GodTukka*

I love Sturm but his knees are essentially gone at this point.

He didn't do much with Florida last year.

Some of the options posted here interest me (Knuble, DoMo, Langkow)

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Langkow and Fehr aren't bad options to come in and push Bourque and Caron. Moore too if he wants to play so soon after his wife passed away.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in Hämeenlinna. Would be pretty surprised if he was handed a 1 way contract, let alone a spot on a playoff team's 3rd line. Shoulder(s) seem to be healthy for now, but hard to say how long they'd hold up in the NHL game.

If he does come back to NA my money would be on him turning up with the Jets.

He's from the Winnipeg area right?

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
He's from the Winnipeg area right?

Born and raised in Winkler (90 minutes south of Winnipeg). Played his Junior in Brandon, MB.

His wife is also from Winkler and was a mainstay of the Jets wife and girlfriends community events.

If he was even just bad last season the Jets would have resigned him in a heartbeat. Sadly he was a lot worse then bad. Having watched him through out his Junior career and followed him in the AHL and with the Caps it was painful to see what he was last year.

He was very slow skating-wise, but even worse, he was slow mentally. Just couldn't grasp the game at the speed things were happening at. He looked like a Midget AAA callup playing in his first game in the WHL. Very lost. Started to catch up as the season went on, but was never himself.

His shoulders remain a big issue. One big hit and his career could be over.

Sounds like he's happy in Hämeenlinna and has been producing. Will have to see if things change after Miettinen leaves.

There's a good chance he'll get some offer and be back this season but any team picking him up shouldn't be counting on him for anything. If he's 100% and confident in his body then he could be a pretty good pick up, but there's also a high probability that you'll get nothing from him.

Personally, I think he'd be best to finish out the season in Finland, then come back fully healthy for training camp next season.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Looking back I really wish Chia would have spent the dough to get Jagr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad