Free Agents

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
You can't tell me Shane Hnidy really to the point of in so much that it isn't even what I thought he could do. There's still something left in the tank and you can never have enough depth at D.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
You can't tell me Shane Hnidy really to the point of in so much that it isn't even what I thought he could do. There's still something left in the tank and you can never have enough depth at D.

You just can't not Marty Turco thinking reverse Tuuk handlebar cabbage. I'd love to have some depth between the pipes.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
sykora is still available i think. 74 pts in 133 playoff games including the trip to the finals... i value experience. also had 44 pts last season in 82 games. yes he's 36 but i think we're looking for someone we can get on a cheap 1yr deal

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
In this context, Daymond Langkow is my pick for depth up front and Kent Huskins for d-man depth. Huskins was solid for St.Louis last year but lost a lot of the year to injury.

Moore and Redden (if either are somehow available--are interesting options.)

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Just saw Petr Sykora was out there. I would try and sign him instead of just letting Bourque get the spot.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
That's awful. As much as I joke about the wife I'd be lost without her. Can't imagine.

Kaoz we'd all be lost without our wives. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

It's really sad though.

In a divorce 20% of men ends up being the custodial parent, those will disagree with you.

Then you have 25 % of the population of North America live alone in both the rural and urban environment.

Then you have those just in Canada wich is 27 % of the population.

Then you have 46 million people now live alone in Europe.

A safe bet, 50% of the men live alone by choice...

GodTukka*

No need to turn it into doom and gloom, jeez

Also, Fehr was god awful with the Jets last season, no matter what role he was put in.

GodTukka*

sykora is still available i think. 74 pts in 133 playoff games including the trip to the finals... i value experience. also had 44 pts last season in 82 games. yes he's 36 but i think we're looking for someone we can get on a cheap 1yr deal

Now this i could get on board with

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
I would resign Mike mottau he would come at a league minimum just to be a Bruin and when he played he did a decent job. He is a die hard Boston fan and was quoted saying he would take a puck in the face to be on the team, now that's dedication. For depth I really think he is perfect in our situation with the cap space we have

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Barker or Campoli would be interesting. Was PC around when Campoli went up to OTT? He might have already been in Boston - but wonder if he had targeted him somehow.

I'm sorry, but with McQuaid hurt - that makes Aaron Johnson your number 5 and Hamilton an unproven? With a condensed season I worry about injuries.

Upfront, I have a sweet spot for Mike Knuble - I've mentioned it in several threads by now so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Moore is a very versatile player - but if I were in his shoes - I'd be taking the year off. I couldn't function.

I would like to see Bourque get a chance - but I don't think that you can bet on him, or Caron (at this point), to fill the void for 48 games on the 3rd line. I don't see it happening.

We have the cap room this year - carry a bloated roster of 23 players.

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
I would resign Mike mottau he would come at a league minimum just to be a Bruin and when he played he did a decent job. He is a die hard Boston fan and was quoted saying he would take a puck in the face to be on the team, now that's dedication. For depth I really think he is perfect in our situation with the cap space we have

I agree. I would sign Mottau as the 7th d-man. I would also look at Moore or Sykora for that third line. Moore is fast and so is Peverly. That may be a fun combo.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Can we please stop with the Caron stuff, he is a failed first round pick. He has been awful in Providence and had one good stretch last year. He isn't fast enough, physical enough or have enough offensive skills to make an impact at an NHL level and appeasers to not have the desire to make an impact at an AHL level.

If Dominic Moore chooses to play he would be a great third line addition, also think Arnott, Fehr, Langkow, Winchester up front would fit better than Bourque. I'd look at Foster, Clark, Vandermeer and Redden if bought out. Hamilton did not look great in the World Juniors tourney.

Remember Hamilton was projected as a long term project when drafted, seen as having to a year or two in the minors to fill out and develop a physical game. He has developed faster than expected but pushing him to soon could hurt his future. Look at the Islanders and how they have handled some of their prospects.

If Redden isn't bought out this year I would look at him for cheap money next year, he worked very well with Z in Ottawa.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Saw this on NHL.com and thought it was worth discussing.

In my opinion the Bruins would be wise to look for some low cost vets to add to the roster.

Here is why:

* Jordan Caron is both hurt and not ready for prime time. Remove his 1.1m cap hit and we have 2.5m to spend not even including the Savard LTIE.

* Guys have to ramp up to game shape fast and there will be injuries. Depth will be key.

* Dougie Hamilton. We saw some good and some so-so play at the WJC. The NHL is a huge step for a D that young. Depth at D is a major concern of mine.

* Who to target and why: Not much to choose from, but Tom Kostopoulos would be one guy. I know this will go over like a fart in church for some people here but the added toughness will help out as we will be having a lot of condensed divisional and conference games. Jason Blake. Not much left and hurt by injuries last year. If he comes with a low salary the veteran depth at LW would be valuable. Chris Campoli. I already cited D as an issue and he has some offensive upside. Has had an up and down career but if we limit our exposure with him and put him in positions to excel he could help...would at least add depth. Brett Clark could be considered as well.

Remember....only value will work. Depth will be key for this short season.

Good points. I'd add that there probably won't be much of a trade market at the trade deadline this year either. With only 48 games, everyone is going to think they're still 'in the hunt.'

I know PC wanted to clear the road for Caron, but I say grab whatever depth you can now and make the kid earn his spot. If he (or some other prospect) can't knock a 38 year old Mike Knuble out of the lineup then he shouldn't be playing.

It's better to have the problem of 'too many' than 'not enough and nobody's available.'

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd love me some Blake Wheeler right now on that 3rd line LW alongside Kelly & Pevs.

I like Motteau, cheap option for #7 dman. Hamilton looked lost in WJC, kid is not ready for permanent spot on 3rd pairing yet. To the pressbox he goes.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd love me some Blake Wheeler right now on that 3rd line LW alongside Kelly & Pevs.

I like Motteau, cheap option for #7 dman. Hamilton looked lost in WJC, kid is not ready for permanent spot on 3rd pairing yet. To the pressbox he goes.

I've been critical of Hamilton's d game for a couple years now, but I think he's here to stay. (And think he'll benefit from NHL coaching/defensive structure.)

I think you'll see our playoff top-four with Hamilton and Johnson getting limited minutes in the bottom pair until Quaider returns...

Chara-Seidenberg
Ference-Boychuk
Johnson-Hamilton

When McQuaid comes back they'll have seven.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Good points. I'd add that there probably won't be much of a trade market at the trade deadline this year either. With only 48 games, everyone is going to think they're still 'in the hunt.'

I know PC wanted to clear the road for Caron, but I say grab whatever depth you can now and make the kid earn his spot. If he (or some other prospect) can't knock a 38 year old Mike Knuble out of the lineup then he shouldn't be playing.

It's better to have the problem of 'too many' than 'not enough and nobody's available.'

And those two can be connected. Lack of sellers at the deadline and surplus of talent means you could in theory be a "selling" contender and get some great value you back if say Caron or Bourque turns a veteran into a spare part.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
FYI....

Per Mark Divver:

Providence Bruins invited to Boston camp: Bourque, Spooner, MacDermid, Tardif, Bartkowski, Warsofsky, according to Butch Cassidy

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
These suggestions are awful I say no to all of them. Playing Bourque until Caron is back with the outside chance of Spooner getting a look is definitely a better option than anyone listed in the thread.

Might be a buyers market near the trade deadline I'd hold off.

I think Spooners game will translate better in the NHL then what I've seen in the AHL and he hasn't been bad in the AHL. Bourque has been playing well and is worth a shot. We also have Koko to look at even if he is a year or two off, he may surprise us. (he looked good in the IIHF)

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I think Spooners game will translate better in the NHL then what I've seen in the AHL and he hasn't been bad in the AHL. Bourque has been playing well and is worth a shot. We also have Koko to look at even if he is a year or two off, he may surprise us. (he looked good in the IIHF)

I read some were is not on the invited list.
Sauve is not on the list, must be injured again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00