Free Agents and Trade Thread - Offseason Part II

Would you trade Nylander for Tom Wilson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Hey Pietro - if you're stalking these boards, please come home.

JT has a pair of fleece pajamas waiting for you.....

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I think they are clearing cap space for Pietro. One of Johnsson or Kerfoot is going as well imo, and we should be good to go cap wise.

Reactions: Mad hatter

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
For anyone keeping track, Dubas traded Kapanen, Marleau, and moved back 2 spots in the draft in exchange for $9.45 million in cap space. Add that to Barrie and Ceci coming off the cap and the Leafs look a whole lot better off then they did in September of last year.

Reactions: kb and hockeywiz542

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
For anyone keeping track, Dubas traded Kapanen, Marleau, and moved back 2 spots in the draft in exchange for $9.45 million in cap space. Add that to Barrie and Ceci coming off the cap and the Leafs look a whole lot better off then they did in September of last year.

He also had Kapanen in the lineup for a year.

Reactions: NHL WAR and kb

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

I like the Kapanen trade, but just about all of the Barrie and Ceci money is already accounted for in raises to Muzzin, Holl, Campbell, and Engvall, as well as future raises for Dermott and Mikheyev.

Moving Kapanen gave us about 3 million to spend on a UFA defensemen. If we want a top pairing partner for Rielly, we have to keep dumping.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

And hallander.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'm gonna guess Andreas Johnsson to COL for Conor Timmins
If Timmins is over the concussion issues, this is a very interesting deal.

Do you ever really get over multiple concussions, thought? I loved Timmins as a prospect. I could be okay with this.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think the Leafs will be fishing in Ekblad waters......

kb

Aug 28, 2009
hasn’t That been suggested forever? I wonder what we could give? Don’t they both need the same?
Can't hurt to inquire. I think that Florida stated wanted to shed $10 million in costs. The Leafs could help with that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad