Would you trade Nylander for Tom Wilson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can't hurt to inquire. I think that Florida stated wanted to shed $10 million in costs. The Leafs could help with that now.

Ekblad only gets paid 2M in salary this year, as the Panthers already paid the big bonus.

Matheson or Stralman are likely who they look to move tbh

Reactions: kb

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Moving Kapanen and Johnsson for nothing would give us about 6 million to sign Pietrangelo.
We also are letting Ceci and Barrie walk and also probably inserting Sanding and Liljegren in on the 3rd pair making ELC money which should give us more than enough to fit him in.

Rielly - Pietro
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljegren

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Timmins is over the concussion issues, this is a very interesting deal.

Do you ever really get over multiple concussions, thought? I loved Timmins as a prospect. I could be okay with this.

It's a risk, but Timmins does play a game that we are looking for, (defensive, but can handle a puck too) and has more upside than a Gudas.

Reactions: LeafChief

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ekblad only gets paid 2M in salary this year, as the Panthers already paid the big bonus.

Matheson or Stralman are likely who they look to move tbh
Matheson will require assets to move. Think Zaitsev. Stralman has a NMC.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think something like this could be realistic. About 300K left in cap room.

(Note: Rodrigues more a placeholder. Can be replaced with someone like Korshkov, or a UFA, or say, Clifford, if he was willing to take 1M)

Capture.png

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think something like this could be realistic. About 300K left in cap room.

Capture.png

I feel like Lehtonen and Liljegren would be in the lineup before Sandin and Timmins.

I have no idea how Rodrigues is supposed to fit in this team, and he may just decide to test his luck in UFA. He's definitely not receiving a QO from us.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I feel like Lehtonen and Liljegren would be in the lineup before Sandin and Timmins.

I have no idea how Rodrigues is supposed to fit in this team, and he may just decide to test his luck in UFA. He's definitely not receiving a QO from us.
I have zero interest in Rodrigues at any AAV. There will be better options at close to league minimum that are a better fit.

Reactions: kb

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I have zero interest in Rodrigues at any AAV. There will be better options at close to league minimum that are a better fit.

I should mention, I'm in no way attached to Rodrigues. You can replace him with any UFA or internal option for the same 800K + the 300K or so that we had left over with that roster.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I like that defensive unit but the bottom 6 looks light offensively, I'm also hoping Hallander might be close next season

Based on his interview with Masters, he's already been told that he'll be in Sweden next season.

Reactions: Kiwi

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Not sure if Kap is still included in that bunch but you gotta figure that's refers to Johnsson, Kerfoot, Dermott as well. And maybe Nylander to a lesser extent.

Edit - nevermind apparently it's Fred, Johnsson, Engvall and Kerfoot is who he referenced.

Can't see the Goat or Engvall carrying a lot of value

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Based on his interview with Masters, he's already been told that he'll be in Sweden next season.

We usually put those boys on the Marlies at least and he did put up over .5 points a game in the SHL as a teenager

Surprising

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What's interesting to me is that Dubas isn't afraid to pull the trigger on a trade right now, even with the playoffs going.

With the rumours last week about Kerfoot for a second, perhaps the Leafs are holding out for a higher price at this point.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
The Andersen grumblings in the media today are interesting, multi reliable media guys have mentioned it, so more than just smoke.

With just 1 mil in real dollars owed he's got to be a pretty attractive piece to the right teams
Ya it is really interesting, first definitive proof he actually is getting shopped.

Reactions: Menzinger

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Not sure if Kap is still included in that bunch but you gotta figure that's refers to Johnsson, Kerfoot, Dermott as well. And maybe Nylander to a lesser extent.

Edit - nevermind apparently it's Fred, Johnsson, Engvall and Kerfoot is who he referenced.

Can't see the Goat or Engvall carrying a lot of value

Engvall and Gauthier could have more than you think, but it's obviously less than Johnsson and Kerfoot.

I am somewhat surprised that Engvall and Kerfoot are on the list but someone like Dermott is not. Unless the plan is to have Dermott be Rielly's partner next year, which is fine and would make some sense if the plan is to sign Gudas to be on the bottom pairing, but we'll see.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Engvall and Gauthier could have more than you think, but it's obviously less than Johnsson and Kerfoot.

I am somewhat surprised that Engvall and Kerfoot are on the list but someone like Dermott is not. Unless the plan is to have Dermott be Rielly's partner next year, which is fine and would make some sense if the plan is to sign Gudas to be on the bottom pairing, but we'll see.

I think the Leafs realize they need quality defensive depth .. Dermott is one of those pieces, young and top 4 potential. Plus as you say I think they see some potential for him on the right side.

I still think the bring in a better partner for Rielly but am happy I don't see Dermott listed .. IMO he's becoming a bit underrated.

Always a need for a big centre so you might be right about the Goat.

Also surprised to see Engvall on the list, but it could be a cap consideration. Or the Leafs have gotten a lot of interested on him and can parlay him into a valuable trade chip.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Phoenix or Carolina could use Fred but I'm not sure what we could snag from those 2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad