Free Agent/Trade Thread 14-15 Post Season V.38 : June Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I could see Columbus (Hartnell, Anisimov), Dallas (Hemsky), Carolina (Semin), Minnesota (Backstrom & Cooke), LA (Richards), Washington (Laich), Vancouver (Burrows, Vrbata), Winnipeg (though he's not likely to waive to go there), and even Tampa Bay (Ohlund, Killorn) all having pretty serious interest. New York may be another place both Long Island and the Rags. Sather loves to get his name in the hat when it comes to stars.

Depending on what we take back, of course.

It seemed a little odd and unusual to see the Bolts on your list. They have great scoring as is and they are pretty high on Killorn. No worries - just found it interesting.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
A few weeks ago I was expecting Kessel to be another year before moving him in the next offseason, by id say given the significant media chatter in recent days something is up with him. Won't be surprised to see him gone before the draft.

Jake Gardiner & Kadri have been reported from these people to be traded now for 3 years coming... Just saying;)

The way I see the Kessel situation is one of 2 ways. Kessel has asked to be traded or the Leafs are just sitting fielding offers with absolutely no hurry to trade him.

I'm predicting he will be a Leaf for longer than a season or 2 much at the chagrin of many... In fact I believe there's a higher possibility of JVR getting moved before Kessel and not because he's simpler to trade because of his contract. :popcorn:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
It seemed a little odd and unusual to see the Bolts on your list. They have great scoring as is and they are pretty high on Killorn. No worries - just found it interesting.

I thought it might. To be honest with the "issues" Cooper's having with Drouin I thought it might be worth tossing them in there, though they're longshots. They have lots of capspace ATM, and Kessel in their top-9 would fit right in with their team speed.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Jake Gardiner & Kadri have been reported from these people to be traded now for 3 years coming... Just saying;)

The way I see the Kessel situation is one of 2 ways. Kessel has asked to be traded or the Leafs are just sitting fielding offers with absolutely no hurry to trade him.

I'm predicting he will be a Leaf for longer than a season or 2 much at the chagrin of many... In fact I believe there's a higher possibility of JVR getting moved before Kessel and not because he's simpler to trade because of his contract. :popcorn:

Honestly at this point as long as we get a decent offer im pretty certain Kessel is being moved. No way Shanny lets him hang around...

Dion might stay but i honestly dont believe there is a chance of Kessel being a leaf in September unless no one wants to trade for him... Doubt that very much though.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I thought it might. To be honest with the "issues" Cooper's having with Drouin I thought it might be worth tossing them in there, though they're longshots. They have lots of capspace ATM, and Kessel in their top-9 would fit right in with their team speed.

A deal around Drouin & Kessel (with other pieces of course)? Can't say I envisioned that one. No worries.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

I'll never understand this mindset. "A player detrimental to the teams plans and goals is going to have to be here longer than most would want. How hilarious ha ha ha."

Like why? :help:

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I'll never understand this mindset. "A player detrimental to the teams plans and goals is going to have to be here longer than most would want. How hilarious ha ha ha."

Like why? :help:

That's exactly why you don't understand why especially with your detrimental to the team comment.

You ever hear of a witch hunt? How many of those poor women in history were killed labelled as something they weren't? You could have your evil point of view but I don't buy it for 1 second management sees it like you dolts do. Kessel is on the block for 1 reason and 1 reason only because he's damn good hockey player that could land them something of significance in return. When your a losing team everybody is available but again to much of the chagrin of many the type of deal that would make THIS management team trade him for I don't see it out their. The Leafs aren't giving him way how's that for a mindset

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
That's exactly why you don't understand why especially with your detrimental to the team comment.

You ever hear of a witch hunt? How many of those poor women in history were killed labelled as something they weren't? You could have your evil point of view but I don't buy it for 1 second management sees it like you dolts do. Kessel is on the block for 1 reason and 1 reason only because he's damn good hockey player that could land them something of significance in return. When your a losing team everybody is available but again to much of the chagrin of many the type of deal that would make THIS management team trade him for I don't see it out their. The Leafs aren't giving him way how's that for a mindset

I think you need to take it down a notch. "Dolts." Christ...

As long as we all understand that Kessel is most likely not in the teams plans and he's on his way out.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Would He Stay or Would He Go?

Just a question for everyone here:

If Tampa were to come back to win the Cup this season, but don't challenge for it next season.....

Does Stamkos:

1. Decide to leave Tampa to sign with Toronto, feeling that he did what he was supposed to do in Tampa and win them a Cup? It's well documented that he is a huge Leafs fan, and would love to play for them at some point.

or

2. Decide to re-sign with the Lightning, feeling that he might be able to win another championship with them. They have a real good, young team that might challenge for the Cup on a regular basis.

There could be cap issues that make it difficult to re-sign him, as they will have other key players to re-sign as well. Adding "Stanley Cup champion" to your resume, will only increase your value and bump up your salary.

What say you? :popcorn:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Serenity now

Leafs won't give anyone away.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
He would obviously come to Toronto. Just like every other star player has once they've hit UFA.

Already got my custom-made jersey ordered.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I wonder if teams will wait until draft day to announce any trades or right after stanley cup final?

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
So, we should end up with 5 - 7 1st rounders then? Does that sound about right?

In an ideal situation yes.
They have two now so 5 min would be awesome anything more than that is a bonus and reason to finally smile as a leafs fan.

Considering that management and coaching staff have all said out loud that the core needs to change.
Bozak, lupol, gardiner, polak, dion, phil, jvr and bernier could surely get us 3 1st rounders at least

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
They have two now so 5 min would be awesome anything more than that is a bonus and reason to finally smile as a leafs fan.

Considering that management and coaching staff have all said out loud that the core needs to change.
Bozak, lupol, gardiner, polak, dion, phil, jvr and bernier could surely get us 3 1st rounders at least

LOL - I can't tell if you're joking, or just have played too much NHL15! :laugh:

Realistically, if can get one or two extra top 60 picks for this draft it will be a huge haul. Most teams will be offering 2016 picks in deals. Unfortunately the depth of this draft is not a HF Leaf Boards secret ;)

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I wonder if teams will wait until draft day to announce any trades or right after stanley cup final?

Most deals won't even get finalized till on the floor, as teams play chicken with each other trying to get a better deal, much like at the TDL.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013

I'd be happy if we get a third one, tbh.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Over/Under on the days it take until the Leafs make a trade.

I'll set it at 4.

Place Your Bets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: